Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a problem with my Can am outlander max 800r xtp 2011. I don’t really know the cause as I wasn’t doing anything to the cvt or belt, the ATV was working fine and suddenly it started doing this. If I shift to H, L or R, the atv starts moving immediately with a squeal of the belt, the belt stops squealing as soon as the atv gets moving, and overall the atv behaves normally while moving, only when I release the throttle and press the brake it starts squealing and makes it hard for me to shift into P or N. The thing is I don’t have to press the gas but the atv moves on it’s own. My RPM is normal, engine wise everything is OK.
Did anyone have a simmilar issue or does anyone have an idea where the problem is?
Yes, the belt is pretty old and was in need to be replaced, but everything was working fine so far, all of a sudden it started doing this.
I’ll appreciate your help

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,017 Posts
Welcome to the site.

The one- way bearing in the primary,

Change it.

Super simple job, parts are very affordable. Check youtube for videos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the site.

The one- way bearing in the primary,

Change it.

Super simple job, parts are very affordable. Check youtube for videos.
Will try, thanks a lot for the help so far :) Hopefully it’s nothing more serious.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander MAX DPS 650
92 Posts
Will try, thanks a lot for the help so far :) Hopefully it’s nothing more serious.
You'll need to service it and grease it well for sure and then test and see if the problem is solved or not. If not then you replafe it. What's happening now is that because of it, the primary and the secondary continue to spin thanks to the belt even though there is no throttle input.

This thread helped me a lot: How to Install aftermarket Bearings in the ONEWAY....

Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll need to service it and grease it well for sure and then test and see if the problem is solved or not. If not then you replafe it. What's happening now is that because of it, the primary and the secondary continue to spin thanks to the belt even though there is no throttle input.

This thread helped me a lot: How to Install aftermarket Bearings in the ONEWAY....

Good luck
Thanks for sending the thread. Hopefully I’ll be able to fix that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the same on my 06 400. I pulled the backing off the bearing and worked some new grease in. I do need to replace them because it is starting to squeal again.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Are your RPM's up when you are at idle? I had this same thing happen and it was my IAC valve. I replaced that and it idled normally and would not "walk away" when in gear.

One way bearing greasing isn't too hard. Be careful not to lose the springs under the little dustcaps. Isoflex grease is a must.

While your at it clean your clutches too and inspect your belt.

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are your RPM's up when you are at idle? I had this same thing happen and it was my IAC valve. I replaced that and it idled normally and would not "walk away" when in gear.

One way bearing greasing isn't too hard. Be careful not to lose the springs under the little dustcaps. Isoflex grease is a must.

While your at it clean your clutches too and inspect your belt.
I’ve mentioned that, engine-wise everything is fine and my rpms are ok. I’ll try to grease the bearing and see from there if I’ll need to replace it or not, so far thank you all for help, now I have a general idea what should I do and hopefully I’ll fix it in the end :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I’ve ran into a problem, I’ve seen on YouTube, that all you have to do is just pull the bearing out and turn it, but in my case, the thing where the bearings are is totally stuck and doesn’t move like shown in the videos.
Do you have any tips as what to do now? Or maybe an oem number for a new part or what’s the part called.
Here’s a picture to clarify what I mean. View attachment 99656

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I’ve ran into a problem, I’ve seen on YouTube, that all you have to do is just pull the bearing out and turn it, but in my case, the thing where the bearings are is totally stuck and doesn’t move like shown in the videos.
Do you have any tips as what to do now? Or maybe an oem number for a new part or what’s the part called.
Here’s a picture to clarify what I mean. View attachment 99656
Nvm, I’ve managed to pull it out eventually, gave me a good run

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nvm, I’ve managed to pull it out eventually, gave me a good run
Careful not to lose the small springs and caps under the bearing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
also.. can-am charges a fortune for the bearings, you can get them at any bearing supply shop for a fraction of the cost...

·
Registered
92 Posts
also.. can-am charges a fortune for the bearings, you can get them at any bearing supply shop for a fraction of the cost...
True that. I bought the VXB ones from Amazon for $20 a piece. They're supposedly better than the stock ones and will improve the ease of shifting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right now I’m waiting for new bearings, got myself all balls racing ones, the old bearings are way too worn out, they were basically stuck. I put all the parts in a box just in case, but I should get new springs with the bearings anyways, but it will take some time till the new bearings arrive so hopefully when they come everything will work fine.
Thank you all for the help, you guys helped a bunch, atleast I knew immediately what the problem was, which helped a lot.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If the bearings were stuck you know that was the issues so that's great. You are on track to be back up and running soon.

Reactions: Padre
1 - 15 of 15 Posts