Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well -- we look for the water holes and like playing around in mud ,, sometime you go too deep in a hole and some water how gets into the CVT housing ..

I keep my fingers crossed and redid my snorkels hopeing not to have any leaks -- but you never know --

now with this little mod I do not have to wonder anymore -- I can just look at the clear tube and see if its dry or water in it ... if the is water in there , alls I have to do is turn the little lever , let the water out and shut it all super easy and fast !!!! :th_smiliedance:

WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS SOONER !!! :th_smiliepullhair:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Cool idea, should likely zip tie it and tuck it somewhere so it doesn't get caught on anything and get ripped off.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tube is 8th inch thick around , so its not going to move .

I did zip tie the lever back so a stick or something cant accidentally open it , but I can slide it when and if I need to .

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went for a nice ride today

it is so nice after ripping it up in the water holes to stop and just look down to make sure no water got in the CVT housing .

·
Registered
309 Posts
nice job...is that little nipple on the cover always open or plugged? my bikes not close to have a look

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice job...is that little nipple on the cover always open or plugged? my bikes not close to have a look

nipple ? if you mean that first picture -- thats on the CVT cover -- rear down bottom -- factory has a little black rubber with a sqeeze clamp on it so you can remove it and let out the water.

that has to plugged so water does not get into your belt .

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Pretty cool mod.

·
Registered
309 Posts
ya, nipple was for lack over a better term haha. thats what i meant the cvt cover.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
switched out to a one way valve -- I was worried about enough pressure for the water to open the valve and let the water out -- but i poured water in the case and it ran right out ... tried to pray water back into the valve and it held it out ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts