Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought these kenda bear locks, slaped them on some bead locks got it
pretty even all around for the beadlock ring. Throw in on the balancer and its wanting 15 ounces of weight.

So other methods to balance that you guys have tried that worked.
bee bee pellets or other options

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
My stock Holeshots have a pretty long stick of tape weights on the inside of them for balancing from the factory. I'm not sure how much, but its substantial. I would just run them a little first and then try to balance them after they run a little bit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I worked in a tire shop for years a while back and there was a small pouch that some semi drivers used to balance their wheels. You just toss it in the tire and it breaks open. Not sure if it would work good on a atv but you don't really need to balance atv tires anyways unless your doing high speeds all the time.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't want to get bar whip at 120 which I like to test out a few times during my adventures with my renegade :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
I used several ounces of balancing beads in my ATV tires on my last Renegade and they worked very well.

Dyna Beads for Motorcycle Riders and Dealers
I did some research and I purchased similar beads for my 29.5" Outlaw2's but I haven't got the tires yet to try them but from what I've heard they work great. These guys had the best price I could find. The other benefit is that as the tire wears the beads will constantly adjust and balance the tire unlike fixed weights that are only good for the new tire.

Tire Balance Beads for internal tire balancing

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thinking about putting airsoft plastic be beees in there. Not sure if I should but them in dry or wet (with coolant). so they don't freeze into one big blob in winter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts