Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

2007 Outlander 800 Xp

Is there a mod to move the battery locations in these things to an easier spot? I'm very tired of fighting with it.

Or is there a trick to it I'm not seeing?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
How much do you need to mess with it & why ?
I haven't needed to mess with mine much . Just curious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pull it out and charge it up every year. Its just been an annoyance since i bought it. Its been a fight to get it in and out every year now. . Thought someone might have been annoyed at it too and came up with a better way or spot for it.

·
Registered
2014 Outlander max xt 650
20 Posts
Exactly what they said, mine hasn't been out in 7years, wired a pigtail and plug in the battery tender when needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. Good thinking. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that...

11 years out of one battery, that’s pretty good. I’ve gone though 3 batteries since I bought it. If I get 5 years out of one, seems like I’m doing well with it. I’m replacing it again this spring, I’ll pick up a maintainer for it too.

Thank for the replies guys, appreciate it.

Cheers,🍺

·
Registered
821 Posts
I keep my battery fully charged. The maintainer will extend the life of the battery.

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
115 Posts
CTEK

They have excellent chargers/tenders and some really good solutions for connectors. In addition to the charging pigtail with the LED battery status indicators, I have a connector that converts it to a standard 12v cigarette lighter socket which I can plug a compressor or other accessory into.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CTEK

They have excellent chargers/tenders and some really good solutions for connectors. In addition to the charging pigtail with the LED battery status indicators, I have a connector that converts it to a standard 12v cigarette lighter socket which I can plug a compressor or other accessory into.
Thank you, appreciate it. Looks like a good selection.

·
Registered
2021 Can-Am 570 Outlander
32 Posts
Battery tenders are a good thing to but on any vehicle that isn’t started on a regular basis. I have them on my tractor, motorcycle and four wheeler. I use Duracell batteries and tenders but there are other good ones out there.

·
Registered
2018 can-am outlander XT 650 (abs) with tuneup mod's
18 Posts
In my previous 2006 outti. I relocated battery in the back rack box's = there where original tool's has little immersion place. Just extend cable's and secure battery with "quick release strap"..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts