Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of outlaw 2s and put them on the rims today but only got one of them to hold air and sit onto the bead.. have tried everything i cn think of other than the old ether trick which i was trying to avoid.. but as of now its all i have left.. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Did you try using ratchet straps around the tire. Sometimes you have to use 2 straps around the tire. Squeeze the tire and should make sidewalls spread close enough to trap air in the tire.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that was the main thing i tried.. been reading all ober and most people are saying put silicone around the bead and let it sit then blast air into it but my guess is the air would just blow through the silicone or grease? they said either of them would work..

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you havent already, take the valve core out of the valve stem. That should help in addition to the already mentioned ratchet strap

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I used to work at a tire shop they used a soap compound when we would change tires on tractors and 18 wheelers and it worked almost EVERYTIME along with taking the valve core out... I'm sure you can find it somewhere, I've never personally looked for it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just had the same problem with my 589's tried everything I could to get the back two to seat but couldn't do it. Your gonna have to use the fire trick its not to bad after you do the first one you'll feel much more comfortable with it. I sprayed carb cleaner in it and up the sidewall just a bit so I didn't have to get too close with the lighter. Make sure you have air hose nearby so when the air starts rushing back out you can fill it right away before it pulls itself back off the bead. Here is a video I took while doing the last tire...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
use evey single trick in the book fire and everything.. nothing worked.. tried fire for an hour and couldnt get it to explode with carb cleaner or ether.. left it over the weekend and had 6 different people work on it.. FINALLY they found someone with a cheetah or whatever it is and even using that it took 4 attempts and the guy was absolutely shocked.. but none the less got the tires on today and it was well worth the wait!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts