Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 800 xmr
I think my belt is shot.
Seems like when your driving now it revs faster and doesn't go as fast and the other day when I stopped I smelled something burning. Is this the belt?

What is the absolute best belt to use on this bike?

·
Registered
134 Posts
the best belt for the bike is the stock belt that came on it .... didnt happen to get water in your clutch cover or anything did you ?

·
Registered
790 Posts
get a mav belt and vfj's primary

Were you going slow in high gear?

If you WOT it from a standstill, what does the RPM go to? Does it hold it there?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In high it revs to around 6800 and it doesn't seem like it wants to go any faster then 70 km per hour.

·
Registered
134 Posts
get a mav belt and vfj's primary

Were you going slow in high gear?

If you WOT it from a standstill, what does the RPM go to? Does it hold it there?
Mav belt is the strongest belt on the market but let me tell you y its not the best choice for an ATV after having alot of bikes and trying alot of different belts with hi horsepower fully built machines that do nothing but mud and skeg riding.... The Maverick belt with its “heavy duty” build construction has very little stretch; like none! Of course any good belt has no stretch but it’s all relative. The Maverick belt has less than the stock belt. The Mav belt is heavy duty and people have been having good luck with it. But…because it has no stretch it shock loads components. On a heavy sxs it’s less noticeable but on an ATV that shock load over and over and over every time the belt engages is eventually going to wear on things. Diffs. Tranny. I run the stock belts now and so does everyone i ride with some guys pushing 115 RWHP on nitrous and i've never seen anyone break a belt or even smoke a belt ever in the worst of skeg conditions with the biggest of mud tires, just my input

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I'm using the black key.
Does 6800 rpm and 70 to 75 km per hour sound rite. The bike only has 325 kms on it

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
No I'm using the black key.
Does 6800 rpm and 70 to 75 km per hour sound rite. The bike only has 325 kms on it

No it does not sound right, the bike is governed at 65 mph and mine hits it pretty easily, so 100 and change in km,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
So why does my bike only do 70 to 75 km per hour. Anybody have thoughts?

If its still under warranty bring it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts