Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the tracks on my 2015 650 max xt for only a few weeks. The max use is approx 200km. Bent the f/r frame after striking a stump hidden in the snow. I was only travelling 5 kph. I ordered a replacement, and bent that in same situation. Not impressed!! Anyone else have this problem? I think the frames require reinforcement in the front.
I have a set of the original apache tracks on a 2011 500 max xt and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can Am said they've had no problems with this. The did replace the frame "in good faith". It is greatly appreciated. I am now waiting to see if the dealer is willing to do the same for the one I bought.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just bent the front left hand front frame on my 2016 Apache 360 Track system, on a 2016 Outlander Max DPS 570. Similar circumstance. Hit a submerged log the track could not climb, less than 5km/hr. Had to limp back to trailer. Extremely disappointing as I hardly felt the hit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I see you are also from NL, where did you get this fixed and how much did it cost? Any more luck with warranty on the first one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered part, $429 plus tax (i think) and replaced it myself.
I told salesman about it , not expecting warranty, but he told me that I should've tried.
The very next day, I bent the frame I replaced.
Can Am did replace this frame "in good faith". The dealer gave me a $50 store credit.
I dealt with the dealer in Clarenville. I was treated very good and respectable by the salesman and the service dept, but the guy looking after warranty was a huge A**Hole !!
This Apache 360 track system is very poorly made. I would not recommend anyone to buy this. I was going to sell mine, but I felt like I would be sucking someone in on the deal. I just recently persuaded two friend to go with another system.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Any pics of the bent frame? I am curious.
Same. pics. please :th_smiliepullhair::th_smiliepissed::th_smiliefrustrated:tools1:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my bike at Bruce's Recreation in Clarenville so I will touch base with them to see what they can do.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
All I can say is wow! This is the first trauma like that I have seen myself. Especially at such a slow speed hit.
Sometimes I wonder how the quad or the tracks survive with all the abuse we give them. I've bumped a handful of stumps I thought would have for sure broken a track wheel off or punctured the track. So far so good though.

Reactions: GunnyE9

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
I'm with Dr_Z ... I've had my Tatou 4S tracks for 8 going on 9 seasons and I've hit some "Hidden" stumps hard. :th_smiliepullhair:

Last season I hit a stump so hard (at about 15mph I think) it about threw me off the bike & wrenched my right shoulder real good ... but no damage or issues with the tracks at all. Still going strong ... :th_smiliedance:

Hope you get yours fixed soon & can get back out on the snow ... :th_smiliebanana2:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Probably could be cut, sleeved (or tube insert) and welded, but easier to get the part and replace.

Reactions: GunnyE9
1 - 19 of 19 Posts