Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any theories on whats the better way to go? I don't want to fill my garage with useless tools, but I need something. I've been looking at the low ramps for Corvettes to allow my gut to clear the bottom side for maint but this limits taking wheels off. It also makes it hard to go under between the wheels. If I use a jack, I assume I lose access from at least one side. Does it get in the way when trying to drain oil? Just looking for options. I read something on here about having to pull the floorboards to change oil and that seems extreme but I would not doubt it given what I've had to deal with so far.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Changing the oil, at least on my Renegade (assuming the outty will be similar) with skidplates is a messy thing to do... Every time i do it, i end up having a oil drip for a week or 2 from all the oil that ends up in my skidplates lol. The most you may have to do is remove the side cover on the Mag side to get access to the oil filter cover, shouldnt have to take the floorboards off. I use ramps for oil changes, but a atv jack for everything else.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Reactions: XMRjunkie
1 - 3 of 3 Posts