Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i just recently picked up a brand new Outlander 850 XT. With it being an XT, it comes with the ITP Terracross tires from the factory. I have had the Terracrosses on past machines and they held up and lasted very well, but they just aren't a good all around tire when it comes to sand/ Creek/river bottoms. The Terracrosses just dig themselves a hole in those situations. I am wondering what tires everyone is running and likes the best? I am not a big mud rider, so i don't need anything too overly aggressive as far as that goes but obviously still want something that can bite when needed. I primarily trail ride, and that kind of stuff. And i'm not really wanting a taller tire, i would like to stick with a 26" tire on the stock 14" wheels. I have been thinking about the bighorn 2.0's, theyre still kinda the same pattern but have enough differences that they dont do as bad in that kinda stuff.

Any input would be great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use Bighorns and Reptiles, both wear great and provide me traction for whatever the conditions are

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I use Bighorns and Reptiles, both wear great and provide me traction for whatever the conditions are
Those tires are great. Great for trails. The op is currently running a similar tire. He wouldn’t gain much.

You will hear from many that the zilla is probably the best all around tire. Also a maxxis brand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you mentioned the zillas. I have been doing as much research as i can, going through the major tire companies websites scrolling through everything and i scrolled across the zillas. And I think that is what im actually going to end up going with. I just wish i knew i had a buyer for the terracrosses lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lots of Swamp Lite haters on here but for any terrain except heavy mud they can't be beat in my opinion. They run smooth on hard pack. Grab rocks and logs like cat claws and do good in "normal" mud. They're definitely not for bogging in the deep mud.

HD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zillas are pretty cheap. Check out kjmotorsports
I actually just ordered them off of pureoffroad.com. For the whole set (all 4) it was $398 which was about the cheapest i could find. I was originally going to order them off of Amazon and even on amazon they were $445 after tax and everything.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I actually just ordered them off of pureoffroad.com. For the whole set (all 4) it was $398 which was about the cheapest i could find. I was originally going to order them off of Amazon and even on amazon they were $445 after tax and everything.
That’s a great price. What size?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s a great price. What size?
Stuck to the stock "roots" basically. Stock they come with 26x8x14 in front and 26x10x14 in the rear. I went with 26x9x14 in front and 26x11x14 in the rear. I didn't really want to go any bigger on the tire size, but they are both 1" wider than stock in the front and rear. I am mounting them on the stock wheels, i don't imagine ill have any issues with them being an inch wider?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Original big horns or the same style in a knock off.. Ran them for 13000km on my last machine and loved them great all around tire. I will be going back to them as the stockers are just a hair aggressive and like to dig especially in snow

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where are you located? I wouldn't mind a extra set of terra crosses
They will be for sale as soon as i get my new tires in. I am located in South Central Illinois. Not sure where you're at but if your reasonably close id be willing to meet you somewhere to cut down on the drive

1 - 14 of 14 Posts