Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2015 Outlander Max L 500, and was wondering if the Can Am accessories skid plates are worth purchasing?

Do they offer good protection, or should I look at other after market products which appear to be thicker and looks like they offer better protection?

I have purchased Can Am accessories and have found them to be a bit flimsy, particularly the mirrors. I ride on rocky trails and would l really like some advice.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
BRP skid plates are good quality. Ricochet skid are good too. You say you ride really rocky terrain so you should check into Iron Baltic skids. They are a plastic design that slide over rocks better than alum. Great reviews. :smilietwocents:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had the BRP skid installed before i picked up my Xmr, no regrets here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
check out the iron balitc skids. They are made in Estonia but shipping is actually cheaper from another country than ricochet will probably charge you. They are great quality and make in both aluminum and HPDE. I prefer the HPDE. Ricochet makes a solid product as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered the Iron Baltic skids awhile back and it only cost $16 in handling charges to get it to my door in Missouri. So $476 total after everything was said and done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unfortunately you do not have many options for the Outlander L Max...I've already inquired myself. IB and Ricochet do not currently make skids for the L Max..so if looking for something now.. BRP is the only option..

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
We will have UHMW available for most of the popular UTV models soon. We may introduce them for the popular ATVs if there is enough interest.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I run Ricochet on everything I get. Never one regret. There is a Group buy going on at a few of our sister sites including the Teryxforums.net and the Rzrforums.net. Both in the Ricocet sponsor forum.
X2

·
Registered
414 Posts
Its been over a year with my Ricochet skids and I love them. I ride in just about every terrain out there. My neck of the woods has some big rocks in areas and i've macked a few out riding and looking at my skids you cant even tell. Very happy with the build and price. I think I paid 278 shipped to my door for full skids with the front bash plate. Also its worth mentioning the extra cost of the bash plate is very well worth it!!! If I didnt have one I would of had a 3in diameter tree go right through the front of the plastic and prob hit my rad or winch.

Stock

Finishing up the ricochet's

Reactions: XRJ

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Had my ricochets on since December and love them....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 outlander L . absoulety needed a skid plate did not want to spend 500-600$ for one went to a metal shop n had one made out of 1/8 " aluminum for 50$ n bolted it on, works great

·
Registered
151 Posts
Richochet Aluminum with plastic on the bottom. Works like a ski, sliding on snow & logs & slipping off rocks. It's Magic.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Richochet all the way. The BRP ones are similar, maybe a little nicer finish, but a lot pricier, but who cares about the finish. I am beating my Richochets up on super rocky trails. So far lots of good gouges and dents but no cracks in them and my frame is intact.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have been following this thread and want to say thanks for the support and the praise.

You might want to check out Coming Soon: Even More Bling! in our sponsor forum here at the site.

We highly appreciate all the feedback we can get.

Best regards,

Jamey Garrant
Director of Marketing & Sales
Ricochet Offroad
Want to thank Ricochet for offering such a great deal on skid plates for us Can-Am owners. Ordered a full set the other Day for my L. Can't wait to get them!:th_smiliethumbsup::clapsmilie:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have the Ricochet skid plates with A-arm protection on both my Outlanders and am totally satisfied with them. Routinely beat the hell out of them and they don't seem to mind...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts