Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering what is the best slip on for a 2014 outlander 800. Hmf? Rjwc? Muzzy? Two brothers? And is a tuner required? Some guys say it's a necessary thing.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a 2015 Outty 800 and I'm thinking about getting a slip on as well. I wonder which ones don't require packing, I think that'd be a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i have an HMF Performance and just got it back from being packed and added an quiet core to it. Sounds a lot less louder. I've made a post on the other canam forum with regards to my HMF that i just got packed. I have some concerns. Cant say which way to go? My guess you will get a lot of opinions on which way to go? Might be able to go on youtube and hear some of those mentioned? good luck with choice

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I have a 2015 Outty 800 and I'm thinking about getting a slip on as well. I wonder which ones don't require packing, I think that'd be a pain to deal with.

Rjwc is probably the only one that doesnt require packing but $$ compared to the rest though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey guys just wondering what is the best slip on for a 2014 outlander 800. Hmf? Rjwc? Muzzy? Two brothers? And is a tuner required? Some guys say it's a necessary thing.
Talk to vforcejohn. I have an 800 and Ill be doing a Muzzy with his tune on it. With the 800 you will need a tune or it will run lean.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Tuner is required and if someone tells you different they are trying to push a product with false claims.
SPI makes a nice slipon and so does Big Gun, HMF and Muzzy are known for making power.
Mine with a big gun slipon, twinair filter, pc5 and clutches put down a healthy 58rwhp and 41rwtq on a 800xt outlander
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Snow Tire Tire Automotive tire Rim Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
827 Posts
I love my LTE slip-on! I just got finished repacking it and it wasnt difficult at all. 6 bolt heads and you can pull the whole thing apart, wrap with fresh packing and throw it back together. Packing material is less than $10 on ebay shipped. The LTE has a bit deeper sound than any of the other slipons I have heard in person and I love it. No tuner as of now but I plan on running one soon.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I think Muzzy uses stainless steel packing too, just like RJWC……Vforcejohn confirm this?

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
We sell quite a few of the SPI slip-ons as well as HMF ones. Everyone here seems to love the Muzzy though. I think some of it is asthetics, some is sound, and some is performance when it comes to picking one out. I have yet to see an aftermarket exhaust that actually gives performance gains that won't need to be repacked eventually. As far as performance gains, they all are about the same at 2-3hp gains with a tuner. Biggest gains will be a true dual system, then dual slip-on, then single slip-on. Prices of course follow suit.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
HMF full system with the big core is supposed to have the biggest gains in power.
How do these companies that claim no repacking back that claim up? They able to magically test it for lifetime durability? Sounds more like a sales gimmick, stainless packing exposed to extreme heat and moisture will break down and rust as its corrosion properties are lost with constant heat cycles and moisture. There is a reason why all these companies use the packing they do and for the price and ease of repacking its not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I have not seen any actual proof of HP gains from most Mfgs on their exhaust either. I've run a bunch of machines on the dyno at Straightline and have seen the charts from their tests for most of their parts. Can't say anything about the rest from personal experience.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I have not seen any actual proof of HP gains from most Mfgs on their exhaust either. I've run a bunch of machines on the dyno at Straightline and have seen the charts from their tests for most of their parts. Can't say anything about the rest from personal experience.
Watch vforcejohns video on the Muzzy before and after dyno run!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Tuner is required and if someone tells you different they are trying to push a product with false claims.
SPI makes a nice slipon and so does Big Gun, HMF and Muzzy are known for making power.
Mine with a big gun slipon, twinair filter, pc5 and clutches put down a healthy 58rwhp and 41rwtq on a 800xt outlander
View attachment 26640 View attachment 26641
That 58 rwhp is significantly lower then canam's claim of 72hp unless thats measured at the crank??

·
Registered
269 Posts
HMF full system with the big core is supposed to have the biggest gains in power.
How do these companies that claim no repacking back that claim up? They able to magically test it for lifetime durability? Sounds more like a sales gimmick, stainless packing exposed to extreme heat and moisture will break down and rust as its corrosion properties are lost with constant heat cycles and moisture. There is a reason why all these companies use the packing they do and for the price and ease of repacking its not a big deal.
Exactly. If fiberglass packing gets caked with mud and water,,which it does in all pipes, you can take it out and replace it. Now a pipe with stainless packing will obviously still get caked with mud and water, and like MGRAM said, it'll still break down,,but how do you change it if the pipe is "100% Tig Welded with no Rivets to worry about"?

I'm having a hard time understanding why so many people hype up a product that doesn't add any performance, as it's been claimed since day one "no tuner required", which tells me it obviously must not help with flow if it doesn't change your af's,,,and it's not serviceable, so when the packing eventually wears out you can't even change it. Then you're left running a pipe with no packing which actually hurts performance. All this for in a slip on that cost almost as much as a full system. Like I said, that's just me and my humble opinion :th_smiliecoffee:

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Watch vforcejohns video on the Muzzy before and after dyno run!

That's one that has proven it's claims as well. That's why I sad most, not all. Very few Mfgs will show proof of their claims. Seems silly to me. If your product actually makes power, wouldn't you make a video of it from the R&D room to show it off?

On the thought that "no tuner needed" means it doesn't work, that's not entirely true. That depends on where the factory AF ratios already are and where thy go with the change. There is a safe range to run a motor and changing exhaust may not put it out of the safe range. That means you don't "NEED" a tuner with it. Doesn't mean you're going to get the gains they claim without it though. If you run 12:1 stock and 13:1 with a slip-on you're still good.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm pretty sure these run super lean stock just to pass emissions. Theres no way the EPA would let them out the door running a little rich.
Now add a pipe and bingo its leaner yet.

The funny thing with the size of the cores is that John has proven the Muzzy makes 1-2 MORE HP with the quiet cores installed, so corking them up makes more power than running them wide open with a huge core……

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My stock 800xt went lean with a biggun slipon, so all that no tuner needed bs is clearly a sales gimmick, false advertising is bad advertising and seems like RJWC is all about false advertising especially when they say no rivets or bolts used in its construction, hmmmmm how's the name plate held on? Rivets. How's the end cap held on by? Bolts. And to have the name plate and end cap on as a complete product is part of its construction so again another bogus claim. The spark arrestor to which I'm told that is in an rjwc isn't even forestry approved. Yet claim to be the best system on the market with no proof in durability and power.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
My stock 800xt went lean with a biggun slipon, so all that no tuner needed bs is clearly a sales gimmick, false advertising is bad advertising and seems like RJWC is all about false advertising especially when they say no rivets or bolts used in its construction, hmmmmm how's the name plate held on? Rivets. How's the end cap held on by? Bolts. And to have the name plate and end cap on as a complete product is part of its construction so again another bogus claim. The spark arrestor to which I'm told that is in an rjwc isn't even forestry approved. Yet claim to be the best system on the market with no proof in durability and power.
There are guys paid big $$$$ here to hype the RJWC up, so they will battle this truth to the bitter end!
I'll keep my Muzzy! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does any one have a link to the Vforce Muzzy 10rwhp video?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts