Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from H&M trails and had an awesome trip. However, I realize I need to snorkel my 2008 Outlander 650 XT. If I went through anything more than a foot deep, I had to drain my CVT housing.
I think I would prefer to go stealth since I am primarily a trail rider and like the cleaner look. I also believe the water is coming in through the CVT exhaust. I have heard the XMR stealth kit will fit my machine. I have also been looking at snorkelyouratv kits and they seem pretty good and they come with the set up options of stealth or risers.

Can anyone offer advice, opinions, etc on the snorkelyouratv kit and the XMR kit for a 2008 Outlander 650 XT? If anyone has experience with different products I would appreciate to hear about this as well.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I installed the XMR kit on my 800. The fit is good.The install was pretty easy. A little finageling at the pod but not bad. The fuel line venting seemed a little over complicated. I just ran a line into the pod and put a check valve on the end (supplied in the kit). The kit does not come with the cvt intake snork. Bought that seperate from BRP if I remember right. Installed the cvt cover upgrade. If you go that route be advised it does not come with the 2 o-rings for your crank and gear box outputs. You might consider running your gearbox and crank case vents under the pod too. I haven't been in any deep water yet so i cant report on that but as far as fit and quality,especially for the price, I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yep, I also have the XMR air box/snorkel kit on my 08. Works very well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Can you tell me the part number(s) I need to order?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I can get you the part # for what I used when I get a chance but you probably should look them up for your bike. I think the kits will fit your bike but not positive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
715001136 is the kit number. You will want the updated intake tube too. I can provide that for $30 with the clamps and rubber. 715 254 0284

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.