Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a cabin on a large woodlot that's located a couple of miles away that I want to have access to during the winter. That would involve driving on unplowed pathways. So, I'm looking for recommendations for tires that will give me the best overall performance in snow, while being safe (at least!) on the road. I'm assuming that a radial tire would be the best bet, but which one?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have had good luck with the factory tires on mine driving on trails with 2-3 feet of snow and drifts to 4'

·
Registered
16 Posts
My defender must be a lemon, i have a tough time when the snow is deeper than 2.5 feet and i dont have the tracks on. But i only have 21" of ground clearance with 4" portals, smartlok diff, and 34" criptids. Guess i should have kept the stock tires on.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Depends on the snow, doesn't it?. It can be 80 feet deep and solid to ride on. Or it can be 3 inches with a sheet of ice beneath. Wet, fluffy, or shallow, deep, there is no answer. We get snowmobiles stuck in higher elevations.

It is like mudding, there is always going to be mud pit so deep and so thick that whatever mod you make you're not getting through.

·
Registered
735 Posts
get a less aggressive tire and air down... Aggressive tires and snow really do not mix as they just dig in

·
Registered
78 Posts
look at J wheelz. add on to your ties. mud is awesome first snow trial with them this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts