Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pull the trigger on ricochet skids. Wondering if there is a vendor more recomended Than another. Or just recomendations on where to order them. Also do you guys recomend a full kit with a arms and all. Or the kit without a arms. Thx for all the help

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ive ordered a lot of stuff from atv outfitters, good service. I don't remember if I bought my ricochets from them but I know my rims and tires came from them.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Rvsperformance has best pricing on most of what they sell, customer service is excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rvsperformance

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
If you ride rocky terrain make sure you get the kit with the front bash plate. The two pieces overlap and give you excellent protection where you need it most, the front. You will most likely bottom the front suspension out and that is where the thick aluminum skids earn their keep...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a discount code from Polaris forum and bought directly from Ricochet.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I also got them directly from them. I got the black and am really impressed how well the anodized is holding up, considering it's the second bike they're on...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yup same as ^ bought directly from them and had front A arm guards done in black.. The color had held up great.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
check and see if any forum sponsors have a member discount code

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. I know I want black skids.I have the brushed aluminum 800xt and think black will look good. I want the full frame kit. From the bash plate all the way to the back. Should i opt for a arm guards as well? Or are they more trouble than not? Guys thanks again.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Had the a arm guards on rhe xt, haven't put them on the xtp. I will install before the trip to Hatfield this year for sure..

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I bought mine from ricochet themself...there is a discount with the you being a forum member (15% I think). And I ask for an additional % off because I didn't want the t shirt...so they gave me an additional 5% and the shirt anyways....for a total of 20% off, if I remember correctly...I got full skids in all black for less than $500.00 total, shipping and everything...

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
My full set was under $500 too. I didn't get a free shirt tho!! ... lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think I paid $476 or something with shipping for my full skids for XMR.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you everyone for all of your help. I'll be looking into everyone's recomendations this week some time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I was quoted $420 shipped from a grizzly forum. Lol it's cheaper to get outty skids on a grizzly forum than here that don't seam right!? I haven't decided if iron Baltic or ricochet are better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
RVS, can you get a full set of skids for a 2014 Commander Max XT? Shipped to 49508. I can have it delivered at a business if that helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts