Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OEM tires (Carlisle Trail Wolf) don't do so well in snow. Since most of my riding will be in snow I would like to get something a little taller, wider and with a flatter tread designed for snow of all types. But on the same wheels; 12 x 6 front and 12 x 7.5 in the rear.
If any of you have been that route it would be nice to hear from you about what you bought and how it worked.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt ,elka stage 3 .HMF Titan QS .CVTech,
28 Posts
The outlanders came with ITP Terracross they sucked in snow alright in the dirt then purchased ITP Blackwater Evolution Tire best thing about this tire you can drive on a flat and wouldn't even realize it, then had ITP Mud Lite II Tire ok in the snow to soft of a tire , my favourite is ITP Mud Lite XTR Tire awesome in the snow dirt rock mud
really happy with this tire will buy a set for the 850 when I wear the Blackwater Evolution tires out

Reactions: Tozguy

·
Registered
132 Posts
ITP Mudlites are great snow tires. They have a great paddle effect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DTI.
The ITP Mudlite XTR does look like what I need. Since the tread is extra deep is there any merit to getting 26'' instead of the standard 25'' OEM tires considering the greater tread wear potential of the XTRs?

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt ,elka stage 3 .HMF Titan QS .CVTech,
28 Posts
Thanks DTI.
The ITP Mudlite XTR does look like what I need. Since the tread is extra deep is there any merit to getting 26'' instead of the standard 25'' OEM tires considering the greater tread wear potential of the XTRs?
not sure if the 450 would take a small hit on power going with a 26 inch,maybe a member with a 450 who has put bigger tires on, can give his insight if there is any performance loss, it definitely would look better

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got 4 Mudlite XTRs on the way. Radial atv tires are new to me so looking forward to trying them out. What tire pressure y'all running in yours?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I found the terracross worked great in snow on my 850 2 years of winter riding no issues. The stock tires on the 450 are a joke of a tire 300km and they look like they have 10x that amount of wear...

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will buy a set for the 850 when I wear the Blackwater Evolution tires out
My XTRs just arrived. They look real mean. :)
However the 26x11-12 size that I bought for the rear are humongous. They are actually wider than 11'', closer to 12.5 '' wide. I am not even sure now that they will fit the 12x7 rims I ordered.
If I were doing it again I would put 26x9-12 tires on the rear (same as in front) because they are just under 10'' wide and a bit wider than the OEM rear tires.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
they will fit no problem... With the tire wider than the rim it will protect your rim and be harder to loose a bead on the trail

1 - 9 of 9 Posts