Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum, looking for some help/opinions owned lots of bikes but just sold my gade and looking to get another have found a couple but they have big bore kits.... I’m looking for a bike to be as reliable as possible will a big bore be that or am I gonna be into issues
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts
Welcome to the site

It's not like the BBK's are punching out the existing jugs and you're running into those water jacket issues or what-not.......all of the BBK's I'm familiar with, come with new properly oversized jugs, to accommodate the oversized pistons. It's just one of those things that BRP made easy for us.

Now- as to WHY did the engine, get a topend job? Is what you need to get comfortable with, before making the purchase. Some owners just want more power, more BRAP-ness, others.....coulda sunk the thing, burned the rings out, tried a BBK cause that's "easy", while ignoring the bottom end ticking time bomb.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would not buy a used BBK to be honest. Unless they are replaced the bottom end too and it was done by a reputable shop not a guy in his garage. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
...and find out if the ECM was reflashed for the additional fuel requirements ( or a tuner added with the correct AFR ) and if the TB is still stock .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! Bike does have a tuner and both bottom and top end where done claims it didn’t need to be done but wanted more power..... would going from a 1000 to a 1020 really be somthing worth while if there was nothing wrong with stock top end/bottom??
thanks guys

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts
You mean 1120?

I mean, I honestly have no point of reference..... can't say as I've ever pinned an 1120 back vs. a 1000..... maybe ole boy just had money burning a hole in his pocket..... down here, BBK's are fairly common, just one of those "showoff" kinda things, so I don't exactly get cold feet, when talking about 'em, used, but I totally understand others' hesitance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts