Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it all started when my electrical system went out. I replaced it with a harness from a 2009 and everything worked accept the display screen cause mines analog and the 09 is a digital. So I bough a digital screen and plugged it in and it lit up ad everything. Only problem is it wont start. If I unplug the screen it will start right up and I can plug it back in while its running and it will stay running. But when its plugged in it will turn over and run for a split second and then it will just turn over and over and over and over and just not start. Anybody got any ideas??????

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Dash, key, & ecu all must be matched in the ecu, dealer can do this, with BUDS factory software. There may be a jumper that needs to be switched, in the harness, if mixing up different years.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It runs fine if you plug in after you start it right? How about a switch turn it off to start then turn it on and go, leave it on when you park it and you can call it a custom theft deterrent system;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It runs fine if you plug in after you start it right? How about a switch turn it off to start then turn it on and go, leave it on when you park it and you can call it a custom theft deterrent system;)
Exactly what I was thinking. Accept there's about 100000000000000000 wires going to it and I have no idea which ones would cut it off

·
Registered
183 Posts
That would be a lot of switches! Could look like an airplane dash with all those switches.:) seriously though look at a schematic for an 09 or get out you voltage tester and probe a few try disconnecting a ground if that works out put your switch on that. How about this, is the dash on a separate fuse that will still let bike start if removed? If so maybe you can put a your kill switch on that circuit. There has to be a way you can accomplish this without having to pay a stealership! Keep me posted I'm curious now good luck. Just pick a good spot, use a quality waterproof switch, solder and shrink tube your connections and it won't look hacked.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that was possible the most painless fix ever! It'd only be $50 to get a dealer to reflash it but the closest dealer is 2 hours away so this not so bad. It was an orange wire with a green stripe. And I just cut it, connected some wires to a switch, and coated the connections with shronkwrap and everything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.