Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 850 Max.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new 850 Outlander with 500kms on it. Third ride got a flat in the rear.
I found a solid deal on a new set of Bighorn 2.0. Heard lots about the great ride on these tires, so I bit.

Part of the thinking was that these tires are 27x9x14 & 27x11x14, so I was increasing height and width an inch from the stock 26x8x14 & 26x10x14.

The tires looks great - but short; I was hoping to gain a bit of height with the 27s.
If anything, they are a touch shorter than the 26" ITP Terracross that came stock.

The width is certainly there - a great look and I'm hoping, better traction.

But I'm disappointed in the height. Why advertise a tire as 27" if it in fact measures 25.5"?
Rear in particular looks shorter, off the bike, and installed, than the 26x10x14 ITP that came stock.

Anyone else experience this?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,201 Posts
Are those mounted and aired up?

·
Registered
2021 850 Max.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are definitely taller once you get em mounted up.. I have the same ones
Well, then I have an issue, because they're mounted and aired up (6lb), and there's no difference. Measures 25.5". If anything the difference got worse because the ITPs did get taller with air. I didn't see any difference with the Bighorns with air.

I know angles are hard to read from photos, but here's pic of mounted height. And another of the unmounted ITP in front of the mounted Bighorn. By the level it looks as if the Bighorn is 1/4-1/2 smaller even when aired up.
Automotive tire Wood Ruler Office ruler Gas
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nothing new. Atv tires have always been all over the map. 26 inch Bighorn originals are actually taller. Usually you can look up specs online.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I should have taken a pic when i did mine their was a noticeable height difference for the same size tire. Still playing with the tire pressure on em to get them where i like em...

·
Registered
2019 Can-Am Defender HD8 DPS with lots of bolt-ons with no performance enhancements.
192 Posts
Just measured mine on my Defender HD8. Right at 27”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts