Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 outlander max xt 1000
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a outlander max xt 1000 and a friend of mine wants to buy my terracross so I am going to pick up a set of blackwaters. I had them on my last 2 machines and loved them. I have searched up and down and read tons of articles and have heard that 28”s will rub and also heard they won’t. I don’t want to lift it at all and these are going on stock wheels. So if 28”s will fit then that’s what I’ll order but if they don’t without problems then I will just get the 27”s. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,522 Posts
I don’t want to lift it at all
Then stick with the 27's, they're the "safe bet", yes?

You could clear 28's out back no problems anywhere, but up front you'd probably need a 2" spring spacer puck to keep the front tires out of the inner fenders on certain hard compression turning scenarios.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That’s the info I was looking for! Don’t really want to lift it by the suspension and raise my center of gravity. But wouldn’t mind any little bit of ground clearance I can

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea. Got the 27s. I definitely don’t think I could’ve done 28s without trimming and a lift

Reactions: OutlanderXMR20

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i Do have 1” wheel spacers but I had those before I bought the tires. I don’t think it would make a difference in running these. No rubbing or any interference with snything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts