Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Can am renegade xmr 1000r 2018 stock
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to the forum but i have read it for months since i got my renegade xmr 1000r 2018.

But now i have a problem and i cant find answers. Since 2 rides ago my bike would start perfectly and ride for like an hour and the it starts to backfire, then it would start to bogg down only when turning to the right but if i am in the the water where i believe it gets the engine colder it wont do anything of that.

I got a engine hot message before and it was a clogged radiator cleaned everything new coolant and now i dont get any message or limp home mode.

Only thing i have done is switch the brake lines to brake with the front with the left hand, and i dont see any wires that are pinching or something. Everything else is stock i have 220 hours and 2500 miles

what could it be? Thanks

Also have new spark plugs

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts
Welcome to the site

This sounds like yet another fuel delivery issue. Without any codes, it starts to narrow it down to mechanical (fuel pressure) in nature. Next time it starts to do this, try loosening the fuel cap. Can you check the fuel pressure to the injectors? Should be ~51 psi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to lossen the cap already and it had alot of pressure relief when i took it off i dont know if that is bad, and i checked the fuel pressure and got rigth around 51 for like an hour at idle, like i say it only does it when i turn, so really difficult to replicate it while checking fuel pressure

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,788 Posts
I tried to lossen the cap already and it had alot of pressure relief when i took it off
That's happened to other members here before. The vent valves/check valves at the top of the tank, fail, eventually creating a suction in the tank, and the pump fights it to move fuel. Those little things are cheap and I think designed to be serviceable/replaceable, sure couldn't hurt to do it.

I'm not seeing how turning has anything to do with this, maybe just coincidental. Check your power plug to the pump, see if there's any chafing or loose wires, maybe they get pulled or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will check onto those vent lines, but its not coincidence because i can always replicate the problem turning right but not left, like trying to do donuts to the left no problem but i do them to the right and as soon as i turn it bogs down and die

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
876 Posts
I will check onto those vent lines, but its not coincidence because i can always replicate the problem turning right but not left, like trying to do donuts to the left no problem but i do them to the right and as soon as i turn it bogs down and die
Could this be an indication that when you are turning the handlebars to the right, something (wire or hose or ...) is being pinched and causing this to happen? What other effects could turning the handlebars to the right have? Something electrical with the power steering unit? Something electrical affecting the fuel pump? Can you turn the handlebars to the right and measure the voltage at the battery? Is a voltage drop occuring?

I'm just throwing ideas at you with the hopes that one of them leads to a finding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will check voltage. And are there any common issues with power steering? Sometimes when i am flexing like rock crawling when pushing really hard the steering or in deep water, i get check dps on the dash, but i turn the bike off and on and it desapears

·
Registered
876 Posts
I will check voltage. And are there any common issues with power steering? Sometimes when i am flexing like rock crawling when pushing really hard the steering or in deep water, i get check dps on the dash, but i turn the bike off and on and it desapears
This is a self-protection mechanism for the power steering unit. It will limit its assistance or stop working all together to protect itself from consistent high current draws which result in high heat. Maybe this is causing a voltage drop in the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What should be the charhing voltage? With everything on? Headlights and fan and trying to use power steering? When this happens normally i dont have the headlights on but where i live 100 degress is normal son fan is kicking a loot

·
Registered
876 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts