Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well...... I'm stumped.....

Stopped at oreillys grabbed a bleeder kit: clear tubing, catch bottle, yknow.

Started at the rear line bled a lot of air out of the rear MC. Got all the air out.

Moved to RF caliper, not as much air, got it all out.

Moved to LF caliper, less air, got it all out.

And the lever still sinks straight to the handlebar, no resistance at all, no caliper feedback. I watched the front caliper pistons move while I had the pads out and they were off the rotor, so I'm fairly sure they're working, buuuuuut something somewhere still ain't.....

No leaks anywhere

I'm gonna pull the front calipers again this weekend and double check the pistons, but the lever is moving fluid no question, so how/where is it going to not ever build up any pressure? If they were seized the lever wouldn't move.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Theres a thing in the manual that says to move the handlebars back and forth when you do the fronts, but I cant see that being it. Never had to before.

Hmmm...dam that sucks...what the heck is going on.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I HAVVVVVVVVVE BRAKES!!!!

I had been kinda throwing that sideways eye at the RF caliper since I first saw it, see, the bleeder bolt is way down on the bottom of the caliper, I couldn't understand why BRP did it like that, but I got plenty of air out of it when bleeding the other day.

It wasn't nearly all of it, tho.

The banjo fitting and brake line is much higher on the caliper than the bleeder, and I perhaps could have worked from that fitting as others suggested, but I went ahead and took the whole thing off again, and maneuvered the bleeder nipple to be at the highest point in the setup. Then hooked up my bleeder bottle and cracked the bolt. LOTS of air this time. Now we're in the money!

Rear MC bleeder and LF caliper bleeder seem to be in good/optimal locations, but for reasons unknown, that RF caliper bleeder nipple is useless when attached to the bike. Take it off, ziptie the caliper up in such a way that the bleeder nipple can actually encourage any air to purge, and voila, problem solved.

Let's ride!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts