Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several times while riding sunday, my brake warning light came on in the pod. Engine started missing. Brakes didnt seem to be dragging, but rear brake lights are bright, like the pedal is down. Both pedal and hand brake are not stuck. Anybody had this happen?

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
check fluid level on left handle bar and under seat. pressure switch is on foot brake. check to see for loose/ broken wires or corroded connection. sensor may need to be replaced if bad. my buds was doing the same had to replace sensor.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Disconnect the brake pressure sensor cable and see if the brake lights go off. An open sensor or wire in the brake circuit wiring will not activate the brake light, but a failed closed sensor or short in the brake circuit wiring will activate the brake light as well as feed that to the ECU which gives the warning light and sends you into limp mode.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, will check it this weekend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For those guys that changed there brake switch. Did you loose a lot of brake fluid when removing old switch and did you have to bleed the brakes after?

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
For those guys that changed there brake switch. Did you loose a lot of brake fluid when removing old switch and did you have to bleed the brakes after?
Have new one handy. Screw old one out and new one in.
Never changed mine yet, I have a broken wire on mine, but my bud did his. He said do it fast and you lose a few drops. Leave covers on both fluid resevoirs or else it will come out fast. He also didn't need to bleed afterwards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Awful. The way you described how to do it was the way I had envisioned. Just wanted to confirm if anyone actually did it this way.

The service manual says to remove the switch and drain the system. Then install new switch, refill fluid and bleed. But I figured if your quick enough it could be done without loosing too much fluid and getting air in the lines.

Lately my brake light switch is starting to act up. I need to squeeze brake lever fairly hard to activate it. So I figure it's something I will need to change soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts