Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a tire that keeps going low so I pulled and cleaned the beadlock rings.
While I was at it I put on the fresh black ones that came with the rims thinking maybe that was it.
I need to paint em while theyre off, I thrashed them pretty hard, especially that one.

Didnt get that lucky. Im going to have to dismount the tire and check the inside since I cant find where the leak is coming from.

Anyways what do you guys think, which do like better, bronze or black?

I cant make up my mind...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I kind of like the bronze look.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah dont see bronze on bronze much. thanks

Pretty much all the trucks I see with bronze have the black rings.

I thought maybe with the black bumpers and plastic I might like it but I think Im with you. Im really not feeling the black.

Im going to have to get it dirty again and see.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find this

But I drowned that tire in the dogs wading pool and sprayed every part of it with soapy water and Im not getting any bubbles anywhere.

Gonna have to completely dismount it today and inspect the inner bead and the inside of the tire.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping maybe that bead ring was fubard and a new one and a good cleaning would fix the leak but its down to 3.5 from 5lbs so its definately still happening.

This is what they all lookd like after a season of riding.

Just packed with dust and dried mud behind the bolts. The outside bead itself looked fine

I was just reading about how truck beadlocks sometimes require looking for the weld and laying a thin layer of silicone on the bead.
Im going to inspect the inside of that tire and see if that cut goes all the way thru.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
lol

put two black on one side and leave two bronze on the other :p

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like the bronze look more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts