Valcourt, QC, October 6, 2014 – BRP is adding a new state-of-the-art snowmobile boot for 2015 with the Ski-Doo TEC+ model joining its line-up. The boot is designed specifically for active snowmobile riders demanding the best in performance, fit and comfort, while keeping feet dry and warm.
When starting the project, BRP benchmarked the best boots, making sure to use the best materials and technology available to meet and exceed customer expectations. Instead of a bulky boot like some on the market, the TEC+ boots are more of a traditional boot size, so they can also be worn comfortably when not riding.
Some of the innovative features incorporated in the design are:
- Abrasion and impact-resistant ice breaker toe piece
- Narrower shape at the Achilles for more comfort and ankle support with less bulk
- Cut-away rear collar for improved walking
- Larger area between tip of the boot and start of laces with inner foam padding for comfort when using the sled’s toe holds
- PoRon®XRD® impact protecting foam in tongue and shin area
- Honeycomb composite panels around the ankle for further abrasion protection
- Kevlar reinforced laces for abrasion resistance and long life
- 600 grams of Primaloft® ECO FOOTWEAR insulation for warmth
- Leather outer that uses a COSMO™ HydroGuard™ waterproof and breathable membrane
- Moisture wicking inner liner
- Removable foam insoles
- Aggressive tread design
- Sole constructed of a specialized durometer rubber for the ideal blend of traction and durability in winter conditions
- Easy-glide grommets for improved lace durability
*For best performance in any boots BRP, recommends use of a technical sock. For information on all the genuine BRP clothing and accessories to fit your ride visit Ski-Doo or your local Ski-Doo dealer.