Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRP radiator relocation kit

14K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  bluefin1983 
#1 ·
I just finished up installing the radiator relocation kit...after a couple cuss words and a 6 pack of highlife, all is done.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good. I have the same color quad. What was the hardest part? I looked at the instructions and I'm up in the air. How long did it take

#7 ·
It took about 6 hours but I took off the entire front plastic because I was doing the snorkel kit too. I Hak to look over the instructions a few times and then it was a breeze.

#3 ·
The instructions could be better but it really doesn't take too much to find out. Just take your time and follow the directions as well as you can. Also, clean the radiator really well before you mount it, with the fan off the radiator..

#5 ·
I noticed that

What size whole do you drill

#8 ·
I'd say the rad kit to me 3-4 hrs because it was the first time I'd done one. I feel I could do it in about half that now. The snorkels took longer just because its more involved.
I cut my holes to a 2.5 inch I believe. I don't even see them in the hood.

#9 ·
The 2.5 inch hole will give a little extra wiggle room and get the hot hoses away from the plastic. I can only see the holes if I bend down to look under the rack, so far I am happy with my install.

#10 ·
Also took me about 3-4 hours the first time. Second time installing one took about 2.5. I used 3" holes both times and I like the extra room so they really don't touch the plastic, plus there's room for wires and vent/drain lines. You can't see the holes at all unless you get under and look, and even 3" holes don't look overly big at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

#11 ·
I finally got around to filling my rad after relocating it before it got cold. No leaks, yeaaaaaaaaay! I will take it for a little rip this weekend I hope, to see if my work is good.
One thing I must say; the instructions are lacking a few minor but timely steps if you don't realize it in time. Such as undoing the extra length of wire from the fan before mounting. There was enough length until all hoses were securely mounted but after, about 2 inches short.
The pics should be in colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.