Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I installed the BRP snorkel kit. I liked the kit, the design, and how it with the machine. The directions are easy to understand as well. Overall good to go, even though it is a little expensive. Tomorrow I will install the radiator relocation kit ..

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did you pull the rear body assembly off and verify the gas tank high pressure vent is already piped into the low pressure intake that is ran all the way to the pod? Just like the directions show but my service manual already says that mine should be that way factory. Otherwise I'll verify tomorrow.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you pull the rear body assembly off and verify the gas tank high pressure vent is already piped into the low pressure intake that is ran all the way to the pod? Just like the directions show but my service manual already says that mine should be that way factory. Otherwise I'll verify tomorrow.
Yeah mine was already piped in.....it through me off at first but ot everything is ever 100 percent accurate.

Reactions: DRAPER

·
Registered
225 Posts
Any finished pictures? And for the price of these kits y don't u guys make a kit for $60?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you have to cut the cluster support off?
You have a template with the kit that you must align and cut out a section on the cluster...there is a bipod mouth with you see in most pictures that straddles the instrument cluster. Cutting the section out 9f the cluster allows for the snorkels to sit higher than the handle bars

·
Registered
250 Posts
Alright just wondering because it looked nearly all gone. I did a homemade kit following a writeup (also cut mine up) and my engine intake now hits the back of my gauge so the dash wont sit level. I have to tinker with it yet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any finished pictures? And for the price of these kits y don't u guys make a kit for $60?
The CVT intake and exhuast is why...this kit is very well put together ...you pay for the convenience factor. there is not an aftermarket company right now that has figured out how to snorkel the 15 outlanders....but only in time

·
Registered
652 Posts
Always verify this step yourself on your own machine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The CVT intake and exhuast is why...this kit is very well put together ...you pay for the convenience factor. there is not an aftermarket company right now that has figured out how to snorkel the 15 outlanders....but only in time
The intake would be easy but the cvt exhaust might be some playing around. I see the convenience/easier factor but $250+ for a kit that doesn't fit perfect seams like I'd hold off or make my own. I ask cause I'm wanting to snorkel. I've done a custom snorkel on the grizzly and held up well but never tried a canam yet.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The intake would be easy but the cvt exhaust might be some playing around. I see the convenience/easier factor but $250+ for a kit that doesn't fit perfect seams like I'd hold off or make my own. I ask cause I'm wanting to snorkel. I've done a custom snorkel on the grizzly and held up well but never tried a canam yet.
I've installed several different kits and also have done my own. This kit is well designed as has been the easiest to install. ...of course it's just my opinion...everyone has different experiences

Reactions: jfree1000outty

·
Registered
652 Posts
My opinion is that the kit does fit perfect. If you want to snorkel your bike, I would definitely suggest the BRP kit. You won't be dissatisfied! Here's my writeup:

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50956

DRAPER - read post #27, especially.

Reactions: jfree1000outty

·
Registered
126 Posts

My opinion is that the kit does fit perfect. If you want to snorkel your bike, I would definitely suggest the BRP kit. You won't be dissatisfied! Here's my writeup:

BRP snorkel kit - 2014 G2 Outty 1000 XT - Can-Am ATV Forum

DRAPER - read post #27, especially.
Yeah I read that entire thread a few times before. I intend on verifying my own but have no reason to believe it's not vented as shown in the manual. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
294 Posts
To do a 2015, you need to get the cvt exhaust the goes from the airguide to above the exhaust heat shield, from a 2013-2014 outlander.
When I got my brp kit, they sent the 2015 for me instead of the 2014 so I was missing that exhaust piece to make it work on mine and had to order it unfortunately. If I didnt I would still be waiting on the brp kit 4 months later because of the backorder!
http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/cam/52a5d47cf870027104d48052/engine
Part 75 and 99 are the ones that come on the 2012 to 2014. The 2015 is different. http://www.partshark.com/oemparts/a/cam/53f526cef870021dbc218dda/engine-and-engine-support 75 and 99 come in the kit for the 12-14 outtys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts