Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Outlander XMR - 12ish hours on the clock

BRP Warn Provantage 3000 is dead! Button, click... nothing. Bench tested it, free spools fine, but won't turn under power.

Contacted my dealer, apparently its out of warranty through Can-Am.

Warn will warranty it under the 36-month warranty, but they require a bill of sale. Since this was a factory-installed winch I don't have a bill of sale for the winch, only the quad.

Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,547 Posts
Well that sure sounds like a convenient way for them to get out of that warranty, lol, sneaky sneaky warn....you told them it was factory installed on the bike prior to purchase?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sure sounds like a convenient way for them to get out of that warranty, lol, sneaky sneaky warn....you told them it was factory installed on the bike prior to purchase?
Sure did, they said it would require an itemized list of "factory-installed equipment" which obviously ATV buyers don't get.

·
Registered
57 Posts
might be cheaper to have it rebuilt? Town I used to live in had a shop that specialized in starters, alternators, etc...anything with a motor with windings. Fixed up a few alternators for me at a fraction of the cost of new. Just a thought.

Also, did you check the relay? Pretty sure there is an in-line relay mounted to the frame - maybe that's not working?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
might be cheaper to have it rebuilt? Town I used to live in had a shop that specialized in starters, alternators, etc...anything with a motor with windings. Fixed up a few alternators for me at a fraction of the cost of new. Just a thought.

Also, did you check the relay? Pretty sure there is an in-line relay mounted to the frame - maybe that's not working?
I have those shops too, but I'd rather it fixed for FREE!! I bench tested it with jumper cables and a battery (direct to the power terminals on the winch). Nada. Solenoid tested good

·
Registered
591 Posts
wouldn't a copy of the quads spec sheet work? BRP should have a spec sheet listed where it shows the winch is on there, and maybe make a copy of the bill of sale for your quad?

·
Registered
521 Posts
then your dealer should be taking care of it on your behalf.. Even if you do the install yourself they should be doing the warranty exchange

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wouldn't a copy of the quads spec sheet work? BRP should have a spec sheet listed where it shows the winch is on there, and maybe make a copy of the bill of sale for your quad?
Tried, it says 3000lbs winch. Warn requires "Warn Provantage 3000 serial xxxxxxx"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
then your dealer should be taking care of it on your behalf.. Even if you do the install yourself they should be doing the warranty exchange
6 Month warranty on the quad is up, past that it "should" be warn for 3 years

·
Registered
25 Posts
Send the the spec sheet for your quad. That’s an itemized list of everything on it.
And also a copy of your quad receipt.
Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts