Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt transmission?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  torqd 
#1 ·
Just my luck, headed to HMT at the end of the month and decided to change the fluids. Oil and different were fine, Trans different story. I removed the fill plug then the drain plug and barely anything came out. The crap that was on the drain plug was a real thick sludge felt like grease. Of course on the drain plug was some metal attached to it. Mind you that the bike was ridding great before this no issues what so ever. Tried to add some fluid just to help with the lubrication till I can get it fixed but the damn fill hole won't except anymore fluid. Anybody have this happen before? How long do you think it will last. I HAVE to go on this trip as quite a few friends are counting in me. I know no one can predict the future but do you think it will last till I get back? Was also thinking about trying to slam some ATF in there since it has all the detergents in it maybe that will help clear it up but then again could screw more up as well. Suggestions please!!!! Thanks all!!

See less See more
#6 ·
Diesel flush is the way to go, Aslong as your trans gear oil comes out clean and not mixed with diesel your good to go after that bud!

#8 ·
Yea even with all the flushes it still is a darker color but the consistency is that of the oil now and not sludge. I am getting medal shavings (very fine) on every flush so I'm assuming it's going to go pretty soon. Just hopefully after the trip. Probably going to flush it some more next weekend then let it ride and pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.