Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm looking at buying a New 2015 Can-Am Maverick X MR 1000R Camo.

My question's:

What is a fair price to pay at dealer? (Don't want to feel had.)

How do you like your New 2015? (Any issues?)

Thanks in advance! :th_smiliewavey:

Kyle

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey guys!

My question's:

Kyle
get a outlander xmr or a rzr highlifter :th_smiliedance:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys!

My question's:

Kyle

Care to explain?
Have you owned an Maverick XMR?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey guys!

My question's:

Kyle

Care to explain?
my bud who i ride with every weekend has a mav xmr and he blew his diff, broke a axle and burned 3 belts.... clutch was a lemon and he just traded in on a highlifter and its BADASS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Care to explain?
my bud who i ride with every weekend has a mav xmr and he blew his diff, broke a axle and burned 3 belts.... clutch was a lemon and he just traded in on a highlifter and its BADASS

Was it a new 2015?

Thanks for your input..
Ya it was a 2015 only 5-10hours... my sugguestion to you is to check out the rzr highlifter you'll fall in love! its a fair price also

·
Registered
147 Posts
Care to explain?

Was it a new 2015?

Thanks for your input..
dont get me wrong if u dont go to extreme im sure the mav will be fine .. depends how hard u ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will be ridden by my wife and I and will not see hill climbs or jumps that will take unit off all four tires. All the threads I have read today have me very worried that this Can-Am Maverick is not build strong. So many people breaking axles and differentials and "say" they're not pushing the units hard. Now I know to take it with a grain of salt as some probably do beat on their XMR hard. But it seems once you hit 10 hours everyone is breaking.

I'm upset with this informations as I feel in love with the XMR today at the dealership. Now very torn.

Was it a new 2015?

Thanks for your input..
dont get me wrong if u dont go to extreme im sure the mav will be fine .. depends how hard u ride

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2013 XRS and I have raced it, played hard on the dunes... jumped it over 50 ft. lots of times and they only thing that I have broken was a left front tie rod when I was T-boned going into a corner. Go to your local dealer and talk to them to get a feel how they will treat you. This goes for all models. Every model can have problems and your dealer is what counts and how they will take care of you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!

So far my first price from a dealer is $22,350 OTD, what are your thoughts? Am I getting taken?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
If that includes taxes, I say it's a good deal...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just go read the RZR Forum and see the large number of broken RZR's. I traded a RZR in on a 15 Maverick X ds and love it. Sure you can get a lemon in any brand but the problems seem to be greater in the Polaris brand than in CAN AM. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts