Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can-am 2014

Tags
2014 brp can-am
13K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  kessler89 
#1 ·
The summer is coming....so guys what do you expect to see this June?

#3 ·
- 1000r in the Commander
- LED Lighting
- Stock 14" wheels (at least on one model)
- HOPEFULLY WORKED OUT THE BUGS OF THE '12-'13 MODELS! LOL

#6 ·
The truth is we won't see the 101hp 1000R in an ATV. They toned down the regular 1000 from 86hp to 82hp when they put it in the ATV lineup.
If we ever see the "R" in an ATV I promise you BRP will have it toned down with a smaller intake and throttle-body (needed to fit in an ATV), less aggressive cams and a tamer ECM program.

I would be happy if they just put the 1000R heads on the quad. lol

#7 ·
The 2006-2008 800's had 62 hp, they bumped them up to 71 in the 09 plus, However they neutered the bottom end, if we see a 1000R it will most likely have a tammer bottom end, My guess would be a jump from 82 hp to possibly 90-91 hp, apparently the new sportsman 850 is right on the tail of a 1000, so I wouldn't be surprised if they strengthened the 1000 just a little. They need to work some of the issues out, to continue there surge in the market, they need to offer a performance package right from the dealer, re program the ecu and sign a waiver, keep the hardcore performance guys happy, bring back the outty xxc, offer pearl white and flat black as colour options and come out with a cvt exhaust stealth snorkel for the the G2's......

Reactions: Renelander
#10 ·
Not sure what we'll see but a shorty 1000 XMR would appeal to lots of folks, stiffer srpings on the XT pacakge would be nice and a locked primary like the QSC would be sweet.

#14 ·
Everybody always wants MORE MORE MORE so BRP keeps pushing the envelope then everybody bitches about problems that arise from pushing things to market too quickly ... I wish BRP would just work out all the bugs and make the quads they offer now more durable and easier to maintain. Work on quality control down there in Mexico.

Reactions: jetted
#18 ·
Agreed on the solid stock primary, just put a rage primary and stm secondary in it and we'll be content.

#22 ·
Hoping for a 1000R in the ATV's, not necessarily the Maverick motor, but just a more powerful 1000 motor. The 1000 is only about 5hp on the 850, not enough.

That's all I want, but I'll be buying a 2014 regardless.

#23 ·
I would like to see a Maverick "Limited" with the stereo, GPS, and power steering. Then one would DEFINITELY be in my garage asap.
:th_smiliebanana2:

TITAN

#24 ·
That would be pretty cool, however it cost cost such an insanely large amount would it be worth it? I feel as though these things prices are getting out of hand. I want a XXC Rene 1000 and could pay cash for the 13k price tag but i feel as though things are far over priced these days so i will not be upgrading...:smilietwocents:

#27 ·
I just hope that they have more of the kinks worked out and people stop having issues that shouldn't be there with a 14-15000 machine...

#39 · (Edited)
any word back on this?

i'm currently in the works on a 14' 650xmr and the dealer isn't even sure what's changed lol

edit well I guess it doesn't matter, i'll be taking delivery of mine in 9 days we just worked a deal out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.