Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ,
I had a 2016 outlander 1000r XMR just wondering if they have gotten any better or worst ? I was looking a at both 2020 left over vs a waiting on the 2020 .
My 2016 had a lot of problems but melting plastics topped the list and I had to fix a lot of the stuff my self and I don’t want a repeat of that .
I just started to rotate some of my older quads out which were really good quads and I have been getting all the money for them with the shortage of good machines out there .
Right now down to 2 quads , Yamaha and Kawi both good quads but have the itch for another can am 1000 but don’t want to be having to improve what can am should have fixed int he first place .
What are your guys thought on the new can am machines ?
Thanks

·
Registered
Outlander Max X-TP 1000T
37 Posts
I’m a newbie to Can Am but AFAIK the 2021 models are no different from the 2020 range other than cosmetics.

·
Registered
2021 Canam Outlander 1000 Max XTP
190 Posts
Cosmetics and perhaps a stronger winch. Basically the same.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hey guys ,
I had a 2016 outlander 1000r XMR just wondering if they have gotten any better or worst ? I was looking a at both 2020 left over vs a waiting on the 2020 .
My 2016 had a lot of problems but melting plastics topped the list and I had to fix a lot of the stuff my self and I don’t want a repeat of that .
I just started to rotate some of my older quads out which were really good quads and I have been getting all the money for them with the shortage of good machines out there .
Right now down to 2 quads , Yamaha and Kawi both good quads but have the itch for another can am 1000 but don’t want to be having to improve what can am should have fixed int he first place .
Thanks
There is a video on You- Tube showing off the new 2021 XMR NEO YELLOW Outlander and Renegade. Watch the video and you be wanting one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I can say there is a night and day difference between the XT and the XTP rides way better doesn’t nose dive in the corners or roll over on it’s self and the power steering feels way better too. I’m comparing a 2014 500 XT and an 2021 XTP 850. And 78 hp is way way funner then 43 hp. 🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000r Max
267 Posts
Hey guys ,
Thanks
I purchased a new 2020 Outty XMR 1000r Max eleven months ago. It was definitely an improvement over the 2012 to 2018 models with suspension, heat issues, and many other improvements including electronic throttle. With 1,500 miles on mine now I can honestly say the only issue I experienced with it was a faulty battery and the stock winch is low quality. Otherwise I have no regrets. The difference other than colors to the 2021 model is the full locking front differential. Wish my 2020 had that but the visco lock works fine for my usage. I do not have any issues with melting plastics nor heard of any with the 2019 on up 1000 Outlanders. If you get one, I am sure you will be pleased.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I purchased a new 2020 Outty XMR 1000r Max eleven months ago. It was definitely an improvement over the 2012 to 2018 models with suspension, heat issues, and many other improvements including electronic throttle. With 1,500 miles on mine now I can honestly say the only issue I experienced with it was a faulty battery and the stock winch is low quality. Otherwise I have no regrets. The difference other than colors to the 2021 model is the full locking front differential. Wish my 2020 had that but the visco lock works fine for my usage. I do not have any issues with melting plastics nor heard of any with the 2019 on up 1000 Outlanders. If you get one, I am sure you will be pleased.
I second this and the yellow does look awesome come back to the dark side 😂

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My biggest problem was the heat with the XMR the radiator is relocated to the top of the chassis and moved from the inboard which would provide better air movement keeping the heated air moving . with my 2016 I even added a stock fan inside the chassis just to keep the air flowing on the really hot days .
I do like the new diff lock option .
My 2016 just had a lot of stupid little stuff allways breaking and I never really wheeled the machine hard .
I switched back to Japanese for the past couple years and never had any real issues , just missing the extra power now , i just rotated one of my older machines and have room to consider can am again .
I’ll have to hit my local can am dealer and check them out .

·
Registered
46 Posts
My biggest problem was the heat with the XMR the radiator is relocated to the top of the chassis and moved from the inboard which would provide better air movement keeping the heated air moving . with my 2016 I even added a stock fan inside the chassis just to keep the air flowing on the really hot days .
I do like the new diff lock option .
My 2016 just had a lot of stupid little stuff allways breaking and I never really wheeled the machine hard .
I switched back to Japanese for the past couple years and never had any real issues , just missing the extra power now , i just rotated one of my older machines and have room to consider can am again .
I’ll have to hit my local can am dealer and check them out .
I have the 2020 xmr1000 the heat wasn’t that bad from reading everything I was super nervous always checking it I live in NC and rode on some hot days this year I recently put rjwc duals and a programmer on there and definitely cooled it down it’s been 30-40s lately but definitely a difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 2021 X3 xrs turbo RR has smart shox technology, far superior to any other suspension out there. They just float over everything, super nice ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts