Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 850 xp and a 550 xp, I am going to be selling the 850 and then I was going to keep and fix the 550 (yes with under 1000 miles it smokes). But I have recently picked up a Honda rancher 420, there is a major difference in the way the little honda drives and the Polaris's. The rancher it tight, quite, there is no howling or clunking, the way it starts is just great, and just has a good feel of the machine. It is also a whole lot peppier than the Polaris because of the 5 speed, in fact it would outrun the 550 bad right now. What I like about Polaris is the smooth ride, ground clearance, and the fact that it has a tack guage. So I am thinking about fixing and selling the 550, and going and buying a new Can am. I am looking at the 500L but for a 2 grand more I can get a left over 800r. OR I can get a 570 for under $6000, which is pretty tempting for that price but I don't know if I want one more Polars. Something else I like about the little honda is that if you give it hardly any throttle away you go, its pretty easy to drive around in 4th with hardly any throttle so its really good on fuel.

So should I just fix and keep the 550 or sell it and buy a 500L, 800r, 570 or a rancher or Rubicon with irs? What is yalls opinion? I don't want to buy something that I will regret.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So is that 640 kit only for the Gen 1's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.