Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooooo are there any announcements for the atv's for can am? i just watched their 2022 off road announcement but was all for SXS no news on a single atv or even color option reveals.

go figure my 2021 XTP 850 is a bit delayed was figuring id listen to the new 2022 line up because if the 2022 was "better" / nicer" i would of just cancelled my 2021 and put the down on a 2022!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sooooooo are there any announcements for the atv's for can am? i just watched their 2022 off road announcement but was all for SXS no news on a single atv or even color option reveals.

go figure my 2021 XTP 850 is a bit delayed was figuring id listen to the new 2022 line up because if the 2022 was "better" / nicer" i would of just cancelled my 2021 and put the down on a 2022!
They changed some colors. And made an “Outlander MR”

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,671 Posts

They said that all ATV XMRs and XTPs will now come with Visco4Lock. That's all they said about ATVs.

·
Super Moderator
1,671 Posts
They changed some colors. And made an “Outlander MR”
No such thing as "MR". Still the same line up. I just noticed that the new XMR 650 now has the 450/570 chasis/body.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh ok so aside from colors which they didnt show off. (I also got a reply on my comment on their video) they said the change was visco lok to visco 4lok

so whats the difference on visco lok to 4lok lol... i thought the visco lok was just that... locking it for true 4x4

I know the xtp has the visco lok.

(i truthfully didnt read much into the visco ordeal)

just looked into it.. google ftw lol.. visco is an adjusting limited slip while visco 4 is an actual locking diff...

·
Super Moderator
1,671 Posts
Very disappointing for ATVs. @Freewill was right regarding the shortage in chips and the disruptions in shipping and logistics so they did the bare minimum and called it a day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I mean it makes sense in a sense.. no point going over board and not being able to deliver either. not to mention their biggest paying market is the SXS.

But with that being said... if things work well why do any major changes ! Ofcourse there's always some things that could be improved but yea.

·
Super Moderator
1,671 Posts
Yeah I mean it makes sense in a sense.. no point going over board and not being able to deliver either. not to mention their biggest paying market is the SXS.

But with that being said... if things work well why do any major changes ! Ofcourse there's always some things that could be improved but yea.
On the other hand, Polaris introduced Ride Command to some of its ATVs for 2022. Not a big deal as well. Just a small upgrade to keep the fans happy.
I believe 2023 is going to be big for ATVs since they took 2022 too easy given the circumstances.

Reactions: Hunter420

·
Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,988 Posts
I just got an email on the releases from Can-Am for 2022 models. Unfortunately on my mobile I cannot attach a screenshot image in this post.

·
Registered
Oxford blue 2022 Outlander 850 XT
452 Posts
If you GOOGLE Can Am you'll be able to see the prices and configure yours.
I did it at around 4 PM and I got a phone call from my rep just after that. He will be ordering it this week. They do have another meeting with BRP tomorrow and i will have the fine details ( delivery).

I had given a deposit last month. I'm going with an Outlander 850 XT in Oxford blue.

Luc
Canada

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
I doubt the atvs get a big update for a few years. The defender and x3 have completely taken over.

I work on 4 times or more newer sxs vs newer atvs. The current atv lineup is fairly solid and as of right now there is not another atv I would even look at. I feel like I'm being a bit negative but sxs are taking over. They are quieter, smoother riding, and less heat on the rider.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tozguy

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,206 Posts
Don't be surprised come late fall BRP could have a late release. That is why I'm still waiting for my 2021 XMR Neo Yellow. Just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah even if you can pre order i highly doubt youl see a 2022 in your hands anytime soon unless you got lucky or gave a few happy endings to the right people lol

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
I am extremely interested in the p drive clutch. Depending on how that works in the x3 and 700 defender I would like to see it come to the atvs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts