Can-Am ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
The p drive clutch uses rollers instead of sliders. It should be lighter, have quicker backshifting, less friction as the clutch moves in and out and less maintenance. They were first introduced in the ski doo sleds. Its yet to be seen how they will hold up to some dirt.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ah ok only difference being that. I can see the rollers reducing friction but yeah.

Thinking about it ive worked on both styles of clutches before. Never really realized or thought about it though.

As long as the clutch is kept clean they can last a long time thats for sure. But definitly doesnt take much to wear it out prematurely

·
Registered
14 Posts
So is the new clutch only being put in the x3 and hd7?

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
Reactions: Canadiancur_101

·
Registered
Oxford blue 2022 Outlander 850 XT
452 Posts
I doubt the atvs get a big update for a few years. The defender and x3 have completely taken over.

I work on 4 times or more newer sxs vs newer atvs. The current atv lineup is fairly solid and as of right now there is not another atv I would even look at. I feel like I'm being a bit negative but sxs are taking over. They are quieter, smoother riding, and less heat on the rider.

You are right C-A Rancher !
The Gen 2s are solid and this is why I ordered another one. I had a 2016 Outlander that I loved with zero issues. It was my first ATV and first Can Am and this forum was great for me for any questions I had on maintenance, to do's and not to do's or worries. That made me reach the 8000km with no problems.
Yes like many I would've have liked to see a G3 but again, the G2 is known to me.

Luc
Canada

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
If you're driving an outlander with those stock (base/ xt) pos shocks, then you have no idea how much better they can handle. Those shocks are crap and are downright dangerous.

After almost 20000kms I'm ready for a new bike soon. But I'll wait for the gen3 and a touch more hp.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, the early G2 Outlanders had pretty poor suspension. The front suspension in particular was way too soft, which would make the machine ride too low on downhill slopes, bottom out too easily, and lean too much in turns. Can Am has improved the Outlander over the years though. In 2019 there was a major change to suspension geometry, suspension tuning, and a 2" increased track width that really helped with the new Outlanders. My 2020 Outlander XT handles much better that two prior G2 Outlanders I owned, and better than two prior G2 Outlander Max Limited's I owned as well. This is Outlander #5 for me, and it is by far the best handling and most responsive. I'm very happy with this Outlander. Now, the G2 chassis is solid.

Reactions: xsever and Tozguy

·
Registered
2004 outlander 330, 2004 outlander 400, 2020 Brute Force
872 Posts
The 2019 suspension upgrades were a huge improvement. My buddies 21 850 rides and handles so much better then the pre 2019s did.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
What is this G3 frame y’all are talking about? How is it supposed to be better than the G 2?

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
What is this G3 frame y’all are talking about? How is it supposed to be better than the G 2?
Guys are just hoping the g3 will come out in next couple of years.

Reactions: Spawn

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Ok. Bc I’ve been on this forum a long time and haven’t read anything about a new G3 frame except where people are waiting for one. Do we even know if BRP is even developing another frame or is this just conjecture? Personally since the G2 is now pretty much dialed in and sxs are the most popular, I doubt BRP will spend the time and resources to even develop a new frame. Why would they when the G2 is pretty good. That’s just my 2 cents. Regardless I’m pretty happy with my outlanders.

Reactions: swobovike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What heat issue?
Frame is good.
If you want to sit still on development you will end up like Suzuki. Push push push.
i wont open a can of worms but from what I gathered the outlanders and what not get a little hot between the legs from lack of air flow. (was thinking maybe a redesign in frame could open up some things / reason behind some of it)

Suzuki.... Yamaha....Honda.... Kawasaki I wouldnt say they are very "innovative" on new updates.... though i would say Honda and Yam take the "win" for reliability but at a cost of a lot less smiles per hour lol

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
What heat issue?
Frame is good.
If you want to sit still on development you will end up like Suzuki. Push push push.
I agree but if people are buying way more sxs than atvs why put r and d into atvs when you are already top of the line. I do agree I want a g3 just not sure we will see it for a while. And with the push for electric r and d is probably going towards electric.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The cam ams are hot thanks to the epa. A simple flash fixes the heat.
Most guys complaining are mudding the bikes and the rads are plugged.
I ran 100 miles yesterday in 30c with shorts and sandles. Zero issues.

Man i cant wait to get the delivery on mine... go figure dealer said 1-2 weeks.. going on 4weeks with no 100% eta.

Ok so just the flash is whats really needed... like every other atv on the market right now. (I know the yamaha yfz450r barely runs properly due to the tune they are coming with out of the crate)

I do have Monster Injection lined up for the re flash on mine if I ever get it

·
Banned
6,147 Posts
Man i cant wait to get the delivery on mine... go figure dealer said 1-2 weeks.. going on 4weeks with no 100% eta.

Ok so just the flash is whats really needed... like every other atv on the market right now. (I know the yamaha yfz450r barely runs properly due to the tune they are coming with out of the crate)

I do have Monster Injection lined up for the re flash on mine if I ever get it
Monster did mine. Fan runs more, engine runs cooler, top end doesn't taper off at 110kmh, pulls right through. Bike runs like it should have from factory.

And I still got 180+ km before fuel light came on.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts