Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In recent comparison .. between the Can-Am Defender HD10 Crew "Lone Star" and the Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew "Texas Edition" .. the biggest difference in price .. has been in incentives.

Polaris has their Ag Advantage for Ag Exempt ranchers resulting in a $1500 price reduction. Additionally .. I received an additional $750 discount email from Polaris, on Tuesday. $2,250 total reduction.

Can-Am discounts? Crickets! They had an Ag discount back in September.

Feature wise .. both come with 14" wheels. The Can-Am Lone Star comes with 28" Maxxis Big Horn 2.0 tires. The Polaris Texas Edition come with 29" Maxxis Cerros tires .. my preference for ranch work. A quick check .. showed I could get a set of the 29" Maxxis Cerros tires for about $600 making the delta $2,850. I could probably sell the "take off" 28" tires .. for $300-400?

Everything equal .. I think .. I'd buy the Can-Am.

Thoughts???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was in the same boat as you when I was getting my lone star. The fit and finish is much better as well as there is much more storage and it looked better in my opinion. But I am a bit bias. I’ve primarily always owned either can am or Honda.😬

·
Registered
632 Posts
I work on rangers on a very regular basis and I have had nothing but issues with the primary and a few issues with the secondary. The rollers on the primary constantly wear out and it binds up the primary not allowing the clutch to disengage. It then causes hard shifting. I have also had to replace a lot of shift cables. This comes from hard shifting, but even some that hadn't had hard shift issue had broken shift cables. Also seems like the lower suspension bushings wear out extremely quickly. Also had to change out a couple of fuel pumps, but that is fairly common on defenders also.

They do have excellent power, are quiet, and they have improved so much over the old 900 style rangers. Cabs are super nice also.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts