Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced the springs on the can am fox shock kit with hd springs?
I ride slow technical trails with tires. Winter months I have tracks installed and plow when required.
Looking to upgrade stock shocks on 2017 650 max.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I replaced my springs with the hd springs on my Outlander Max 1000. I did it because the front end squatted so much when my plow is installed. To me it was well worth the $85 that they cost me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
953 Posts
Has anybody replaced the springs on the can am fox shock kit with hd springs?
I ride slow technical trails with tires. Winter months I have tracks installed and plow when required.
Looking to upgrade stock shocks on 2017 650 max.
How old are your Fox Podium shocks? Mine had 2700 miles on them when they felled. I can get them rebuilt for $130 each Canadian. When I bought my ATV we took stock shocks off and put them in a box. I'm using them for now, new Fox Podiums jump to $700 to$1500. So I have not decided yet what I'm going to do. The fox Podiums have a heavier spring then hd spring. You also should look at a set of Elka shocks too.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Turn up your preload when you are running your plow... I don't think the HD springs fit the fox shocks they were meant for the shock that come on the xt

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I currently have the stock xt shocks with the hd springs on all 4 shocks. Looking to upgrade shocks. Just curious if the hd springs could be put on the fox kit or is the fox kit a waste of money for $1400 cdn.
Will the elka stage 1 stand up to the extra weight of plowing? The elka stake one and the fox kit are about the same price.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If you go the Elka route, you can tell them what your needs are and they can custom fit you. I was not happy to see that BRP doubled the price of the Fox Podiums, that is why I'm thinking of rebuilding the Fox shocks I have. I'm lucky I live a half hour away from a Company called ACCELERATED Technologies. They are well know for their specialty in shocks and suspensions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts