Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 outlander 1000 xtp and I blew a belt the other day. I took everything out put a new primary clutch in and belt. The thing is slow off the start but once you hit 7k rpm the thing will rip your arms off. Any idea what it could be? Change clutch out to stock change belt to a different one same thing. Slow and sluggish till 7k and then wants to kill you.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Is your new clutch oem or aftermarket??? Either way it sounds like it’s not turned quite right. To much weight or not enough , wrong ramps or spring your going to have to do some homework and tuning , mods are fun usually go backwards before you go forward lol . If it’s aftermarket call said company and visit with them they’ll work with you the info you can give them the better they can help you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your new clutch oem or aftermarket??? Either way it sounds like it’s not turned quite right. To much weight or not enough , wrong ramps or spring your going to have to do some homework and tuning , mods are fun usually go backwards before you go forward lol . If it’s aftermarket call said company and visit with them they’ll work with you the info you can give them the better they can help you
Clutch is a cvtech but the atv does the same on the oem stock clutch that we took out.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
597 Posts
Sounds to me like debris from the old belt jammed in the clutch and takes 7k rpm to force the primary clutch to close. Take it apart and clean it so the weights can close it at lower rpm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds to me like debris from the old belt jammed in the clutch and takes 7k rpm to force the primary clutch to close. Take it apart and clean it so the weights can close it at lower rpm.
I swapped out the clutch to a brand new one also clean the oem one same thing on both.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
597 Posts
I swapped out the clutch to a brand new one also clean the oem one same thing on both.
Either the Primary is defective or the secondary is jammed. The Helix in the secondary can be a problem if it is damaged making it stick until so much pressure makes it pop over the hump causing your machine to launch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts