1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :)
I have a problem with my maverick.
It dose turning on and running.
But the issue is with the turbo or some sensor of the turbo. (As I think.)
When the turbo supposed to get in action the sensor don't read the pressure and so can't build proper pressure for it.

I attached the pic of the error code.
We already tried to change all the sensors that connected to the turbo and also the main computer but it didn't fix the problem.

If any one have some advise or can tell me what the problem can be it will be awesome.

Thank u all.
Computer Personal computer Operating system Font Gadget

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,363 Posts
Welcome to the site

I think you've got it backwards. I don't know that machine, personally, but what appears to be happening is that the turbo either isn't building pressure, or you have a massive intake leak, so the system can't retain the boost pressure, and the error codes reflect that. The sensors are reporting, in other words, they're not creating the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site

I think you've got it backwards. I don't know that machine, personally, but what appears to be happening is that the turbo either isn't building pressure, or you have a massive intake leak, so the system can't retain the boost pressure, and the error codes reflect that. The sensors are reporting, in other words, they're not creating the issue.
Yeah u say it the correct way.

What can cause that ?
Already replace sensors and the computer and it didn't helped.

What should I check or what u think I need to check ?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,363 Posts
Well, you can start with checking the turbo, mechanically. Take the inlet hose off the cold side and gently pinch the compressor wheel, see if you can move it around any. It should spin freely, but that's about it.

Is it mechanically waste-gated? Or electronically? Make sure the waste gate is getting a clean solid air pressure signal. If it's stuck open, all the exhaust gasses are bypassing the hot side, and you won't get any boost.

Lastly, it'd be pretty easy to make a boost leak detector, if a visual inspection of the hoses along the intake tract and intercooler don't reveal anything.

Reactions: billjackson5000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, you can start with checking the turbo, mechanically. Take the inlet hose off the cold side and gently pinch the compressor wheel, see if you can move it around any. It should spin freely, but that's about it.

Is it mechanically waste-gated? Or electronically? Make sure the waste gate is getting a clean solid air pressure signal. If it's stuck open, all the exhaust gasses are bypassing the hot side, and you won't get any boost.

Lastly, it'd be pretty easy to make a boost leak detector, if a visual inspection of the hoses along the intake tract and intercooler don't reveal anything.
mechanically all look good.
How can I make a boost leak detector ?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,363 Posts
Think about it: everything from the compressor wheel, to the combustion chamber, is under pressure, when the turbo is working as intended.

Just make a "cap" thats the same size as the inlet of the turbo, and drill a hole in it for a valve stem. Hit it with some psi's and see if the tract holds the pressure. Look at google or youtube if you're not clear, its super simple and easy to do.

You may need to roll the motor if your exhaust valves aren't closed, or the air will just blow right through and out of the exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts