Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike i can't get it to shift into high or low but will go through park, reverse, and neutral but when i go to put it in high or low you have to stack and rock the bike and sometimes it will go in and sometimes it won't and it doesn't matter if the bike is running or not, I've tried replacing the shifter base to an aluminum plate and i replaced the one way bearings in my primary clutch. I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same issue and what they had to do to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Have you observed the operation of the clutches with the belt box cover off? If your secondary clutch is being driven at anything more than a lazy roll-over, it will present shifting issues.

And we're assuming your linkages are all in good condition? Ball joints, everything's adjusted correctly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok yeah all the linkages are good and adjusted properly so ill try that. would i have to do to fix that

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well if your primary is still driving your secondary at idle, you need to determine why that's happening.

I had an issue with debris and build-up in the fiber "washer" not allowing the spring to fully push the outer sheave off the inner, and the belt was driving the secondary as a result. But if you just replaced your one-way, that should have all been cleaned and freshened up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts