Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just bought 2015 outlander 1000xt. they didnt have the yellow so i have to wait a few days. its killing me. i ordered some upgrades so when they take it out of the crate they can asemble it withh them. full hmf s.s.xl/qsc raptor primary/heated grips and t.throttle/mud guards/powercommander ignition and fuel controler/brp full skid plates/stealth snorkle kit -led front headlight halos(snorkle your atv website)/fan bypas with blue led carbin fiber jetfighter toggle switch/engine ice/dyno tuned-brake in/6in silver rack extention on front rack/not sure yet about rear rack trunk. i am new to can am so it help seeing everyones mod and how they upgrade there bike. traded in suzuki LTZ 400...stock. going to miss shifting gears.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Way to get the huge engine! Every customer in my store tends to only buy the 800's or lower, so sad. I know quite a few guys that took that outtie to the muddiegras in houston, outperformed Polaris and the rest like a beast. Enjoy the ride man.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks brother. the one thing i wish this bike had was a manual front diff lock. the visc lock could be like auto lock when you put in reg four wheel drive. then switch it it over to lock. just like on the kodiak or grizzly. i cant beleive that can am still hasnt come up with a way to do that. concidering knowing that their compitition has. it would be so unstopable. more than it is now.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Congrats! There's not a lot left as far as mods go from what your getting!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm getting a 2015 can am but I don't know if I should get the renegade 1000 or outlander 1000 I like going mudding but I like joy riding trails to what should I get?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
nice man

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they are both great bikes. i like the outlander. its really a matter of prefference. i think the tenegade may have better suspension. not sure thou. anyone remember the 2011 renegade. if you search it a white one will come up in a picture. i love those 8-hole rims. there are a few companies who make close look alikes but not exactly the same. i would love them in a 14 inch. also anyone see the Warnertracing rear intrusion bar. that an awesome rear bumper. doesnt affect the one by tail laights. it extends from grab bar down to receiver. also not in the way, if you want to put i a hitch. protects battery and the lower rear if someone hit you from behind. so really it would be like having 2 bumper. upper half-the one thats standard on xt models. and lower half-rear intrusion bar. for me its a must have...........NICE!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i like them both. great bikes. at this piont it just prefference. although the renegade may have better suspension. dont quote me on that. i am going with outlander. i always loved the utility type. and now compared tp 90s they handle way better. going to miss shifting thou.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i always wanted one sport nd one utility. maybe in future i get another sport. days when i feeling pulling in a clutch, i can. also in future, i like to get an older 4x4. like a 400 or 350. 400s where for the most part concidered a bigbore. that was biggest. hydro clutch. i am a little bit of collector. can am was not around that far back so it would be yamaha, susuki, or honda.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts