Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone know where the problem is ? i also tright removing my CVTECH and secondary and put the original CanAm Clutch main / secondary on it still same problem but not so loud, my guess is the transmission or is it normal? it only comes when putting it in gear like H/L in Neutral it is not there, so i don't think it is the timing chain, because in Neutral there is no sound like this.

This strange sounds is there since ive got a new transmission the canam dealer told me it's normal on some G1 Transmission's but i don't really trust him i just think he doesn't want to cover my warranty.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The shifter linkage might not be adjusted correctly. It sounds like the gears are just not fully seated. The shift knob should rest exactly in the neutral notch, not touching ether side more than the other. I pull the shift knob outwards to see if it's exactly in the V of neutral. If not, adjust the linkage to get it there and then see if it rests in each gear where it should.

·
Registered
836 Posts
in the video it looks like the belt is loose at acceleration and especially on deceleration. i would make sure you have the correct belt and check its in speck, what belt is it? i would also check to make sure you have all the correct spacers and washers for the primary and secondary. the drive shaft looked good but looks like there was a very minor wobble at take off, could be a tooth out of phase, also make sure the you have the drive shaft bolts on both sides tight with the thick washer, mine come loose every 300 miles with lock tight so i check them after every ride. if those bolts have ever been loose you could have developed play in the splines. the last part of the video where your pulling the secondary shaft in and out, is normal. I'm leaning towards the belt or clutches being the issue but would definitely check the whole driveshaft, u joints included.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts