Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why on earth does Can-am places the winch remote socket inside the front storage compartment ? I guess if i wanna use the remote switch when im Not on the ATV probably this means on a steep uphill .. why do i need to open compartment lid's to do that ? Why not somewere close to the 12V lighter socket ? Does it have to do anything with not being waterproof ? I actualy thinking of relocating mine , or why not install one socket on the back and one on the steering hood next to the 12V lighter socket... what do u think ?

Sh$%t im askint to many questions lately i guess this forum will hate me ..

Manos the Greek

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I guess the reason why they put the socket inside the compartment is you have to remove the wired remote from under the front lid to use it anyways. Also it may be a way they could just save from having to run wires everywhere just to make it a little easier on the atv user. After all it does have to wire into the soleniod located behind the front underpanel( on the right front side).

At least it is located on the front of the machine and you do get a pretty long wired cord to boot.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I guess the reason why they put the socket inside the compartment is you have to remove the wired remote from under the front lid to use it anyways. """

Exactly that is what im saying .. what can be worse than geting stacked on steep uphill ? u have to open the compartment ,, but then you discovered that you installed a soft bag on your rack , and you are wearing gloves ,, so you need to remove the gloves... to remove the bag ...to open the compartment... to plug the remote ... . i think the guy who descited to place the socket and remote in that compartment must be a white shirt tie , autocad designer who never saw a pine tree in his life... :yahoo:

Winch on an ATV is like a swiss knife ,, its not much of a help if you knife is somewere in the bottom of your backpack under the boxershorts wraped in the sleeping bag....

By the way last month my remote came loose from vibration fall behind the radiator and the axles worked as a perfect blender...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did just that manos, I relocated the remote plug-in to the pod, I also removed the handle bar winch control, kinda redundant then. I keep the wired remote in the front bag.

Exelent im doing the same this weekend ,,, i will post some pictures on Monday

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I don't have a bag on the front of my machine, Main reason is to be able to access the front compartment and my winch kit on the front. Plus i don't carry that much stuff when out for a day ride. ( where i ride i usually don't have to winch anyways).

·
Registered
401 Posts
What would it take to make it wireless?

I wondered Why they didn't go that route in the first place.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts