Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2009 650 xt quad bogs a little when at higher speeds ( 50-65mph) but before that.. nothing, runs like a charm... fresh gas in it... has no inline fuel filter. what else could it be?

Scud

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i should be more specific... the bike doesn't bog persay.... more like a skip but when out today didn't do it... got to 55 mph and no problems... didn't clean or do anything yet so i have no clue... could be a short in electrical?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well changed the plugs and still does the same... any other ideas? could be the fuel pump? it mostly does it while under acceleration... and now i can't get it over 60 mph...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Spark arrestor in exhaust? Having semi similar problems now myself and I'm pretty sure I've got it down to the exhaust. Got it opened up and gutted now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
like i said before, it will skip more than bog... like as if the belt skips... i will check exhaust though and see if anything in it....

·
Registered
39 Posts
My '07 800 is doing what sounds the same. Runs great but at higher rpm (thru speed) it skips a beat and then slowing down seems to resolve the issue. After a half hr or so of operation the quad is not happy and doesn't want to move under its own power. Never any warning lights on dash but twice it died on me. I am going to try the fuel pickup screen, plugs and maybe injector cleaner. Check out my thread Mystery Throttle Issues. I always use fresh premium fuel and always store my quad completely topped up. I let you know where I get on this

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i checked the fuel pump filter, looks to be clean... but now the battery is dead on the bike. So first thing first get the battery charged...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well after charging the batter and re-installing and making sure that the connections were free of rust and grime, bike works great. When taking the batter off, I noticed that the positive terminal was loose. I suspect that it was the reason for the bike skipping...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Good to hear! Now Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts