Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 450 outlander started running rough. no throttle response and started back firing and wont idle. The check engine light came on and I was able to pull the code of P3131. I have googled the number and cant find anything. can am dealer said I have to bring it in for them to tell me what the code is. Any Gurus on here able to tell me what the code is?

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
805 Posts
2019 450 outlander started running rough. no throttle response and started back firing and wont idle. The check engine light came on and I was able to pull the code of P3131. I have googled the number and cant find anything. can am dealer said I have to bring it in for them to tell me what the code is. Any Gurus on here able to tell me what the code is?
Thanks

Based on the above, I would start by inspecting the injector and the spark plug.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,564 Posts
Welcome to the site.

As suggested above ^ changing your spark plug is cheap and easy, give it a shot based on that code

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responses. I did change out the spark plug but still getting the same result. Ill look at the injector next.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
4,564 Posts
We've heard of fuel pump issues with those bikes, despite their age/low use. Weak fuel pressure could trick an ECM into throwing an injector code, when it's actually doing what it can with what it's getting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've heard of fuel pump issues with those bikes, despite their age/low use. Weak fuel pressure could trick an ECM into throwing an injector code, when it's actually doing what it can with what it's getting.
Ah ok, that makes a little more sense.

·
Registered
2016 Can-Am Outlander Max XT 650
805 Posts
Ah ok, that makes a little more sense.
Does the pump come on when you turn the key and disable the kill switch? If it does, then you need a fuel pressure tester to make sure you're getting 51 PSI.
Do that and let us know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts