Can-Am ATV Forum banner

CF Moto junk

4171 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  MotocrossStig.
I rented a CF Moto in Aruba today. After an hour of easy riding it started knocking really loud and stopped. Engine was locked up. I believe it threw a rod.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,782 Posts
yep ill agree.. I was looking at a CF when i got my 850. I emailed around to different dealers, out of about 5 dealers i got a quote from 1 dealer and that was outrageous in all the extras they were charging me, It was cheaper to go can am. Then last year i seen in person the machine i was looking at getting and my good im clad i did not get it. Everything drivetrain wise was smaller than my AC 500 and just looked like a cheap PC of junk. Nothing like the pictures you see online

· Super Moderator
2,209 Posts
Tires were on backwards.....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,112 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
The best part of this trip is it was free. I earned Presidents club two years consecutively so I got 6 days here all paid for. I wish I could have brought my Outlander though.
Nice! Every time we are there I want my rides too, can run the entire Island and really don't want to ride around in those rent a junk machines. But, you take what you can get I suppose.

· Registered
2019 570 outlander. 2018 570 outlander.
319 Posts
I rented quads in Jamaica in December, Polaris 500 H.O.'s Was ok for what we were doing but man did we miss our Outtys. Did you guys rip on a plantation or whatever they have in Aruba or like BBH said, the entire city? We started on an old plantation and then went into "town", it was insane. Dogs, cows, chickens, goats, kids all over, no pavement, did not see a power pole around, lotta wild jungle shacks, one of the craziest rides of my life... Only complaint, didn't last long enough but I feel the same about rides here at home.

· Registered
20 Posts
I rented a CF Moto in Aruba today. After an hour of easy riding it started knocking really loud and stopped. Engine was locked up. I believe it threw a rod.
My first sport sport/utility quad race of the local 2022 race seasion there were 3 people with CF quads, all 3 did not finish one lap because of mechanical failures. With Can-am quality I managed a 5th place finish out of 30 riders, on a time based close course, on a Renegade XMR1000R mud machine, in a field packed with sport/utility quads. So Glad I went with Can-am! Not too shabby for a middle aged man that smokes, drinks, and still chases women.

· Registered
2021 Canam Outlander 1000 Max XTP
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I rented quads in Jamaica in December, Polaris 500 H.O.'s Was ok for what we were doing but man did we miss our Outtys. Did you guys rip on a plantation or whatever they have in Aruba or like BBH said, the entire city? We started on an old plantation and then went into "town", it was insane. Dogs, cows, chickens, goats, kids all over, no pavement, did not see a power pole around, lotta wild jungle shacks, one of the craziest rides of my life... Only complaint, didn't last long enough but I feel the same about rides here at home.
We drove around most of the island. We spent the morning on the rocky desolate side, did some mildly treacherous hill climbing that my wife yelled at me for doing. The afternoon was spend mostly on paved roads and stopping in shops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.