Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

I'm new to Can Am and have a question of relatively little importance: How do I change the welcome message that scrolls across the bottom of the multifunction gauge when I first start my 800? The dealer misspelled my name and it's buggin' me. Especially since my name is David. I mean it's not that obscure of a name, I've never run across different ways of spelling it, but the dealer found a way to do it! "DAyved" I didn't see anything in the manual, so I hope that doesn't mean that I have to pay those guys to hook their proprietary computer up to it to fix their mistake.

Thanks in advance for your input,

DAyved

er, I mean,
David

·
Registered
13 Posts
most likely done with the BUDS software the dealers use for diagnostic use. Didn't realize they could do that. You must have been a special customer.

·
Registered
747 Posts
most likely done with the BUDS software the dealers use for diagnostic use. Didn't realize they could do that. You must have been a special customer.
That can be done, just ask them.

Almost all the guys here have something funny in theirs display. :thumbsmilie:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dealer should change for free... When they did my first service on my XMR my Awsome Dealer "Filers Powersports" Changed mine to what i wanted it to say.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
mine says "lets roll MFer"

·
Registered
239 Posts
mine says something different every time lol... i change mine all of the time i have the software :):th_smiliebanana2:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm a trucker... I don't always have time for the dealer...

Sent from Mobile HQ

·
Registered
239 Posts
well im mobile i always carry the software with me. we offer troubleshooting on the trail lol (well at camp) and are cheaper than the dealers minimum of the 1hr service fee lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice! How much does BRP charge for the software?

Sent from Mobile HQ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bout a grand for what we have at our shop lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Awwww maaaaaannn.
Lol
Oh well... I guess I'll just get them to change it when I drop it off for its 10hr service...

Sent from Mobile HQ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Lol Yup that'll work

1 - 18 of 18 Posts