Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my right front CV Joint is shot an my 2008 outlander 650. I noticed it making a creaking sound when I sit on it and tried lubricating everything and this did nothing It has gotten really bad when I sit on it and when I am riding . Is there a way to confirm this is the CV Joint? if so, Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to change the front outer CV Joint? I am fairly mechanical and have decent tools, but no press or specialty tools. I have never changed a CV joint and want to make sure I am not getting in over my head.

thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I don't think it's a joint. I would bet it's an A arm bushing or a shock mount. I greased mine up good last weekend and it still had a bit of a squeak when I got on. I could hold the arm and move the quad up and down and feel a little vibration in the arm. I gave that zerk another shot and it has since quieted almost all the way after riding it.

I have a new set of Garage Poducts bushings ready on the shelf for when they get a tad more warn out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
CV joints will usually make a clicking type of noise while riding where a arm bushings and such will make the creaking type noise while not moving.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also the outlanders are infamous for the creaking noise from the trailing arm joint which can sound like its coming from the front to some people

1 - 5 of 5 Posts