Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This probably sounds like a somewhat absurd question, but I am curious if others have changed out their plastics, painted them, or vinyl wrapped them?

I have put in an order for two new machines for the spring, one of them being an Outlander Max XT 650 in the blue. Of the available colour choices, I liked it better than camo or green. That said, I do NOT care for the blue, it was simply the better of the three options. I preferred last years colour options. Likewise, I ordered an XT-P 850 in yellow/black, which I much prefer.

I do like the grey colour combo of the Outlander Max DPS, but the dealer already had the Max XT on order so I staked claim. Saves adding the bumpers and winch myself.

I am not even going to bother trying to find a new left over unit (likely next to impossible at this point), nor am I interested in buying used with the current used market prices.

So my question is, what options are available to change out the blue without spending an arm and a leg? Any thoughts or opinions?

·
Nobody Special
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,211 Posts
You can do what ever you want. Pull your plastics and paint them with automotive paint using a flex agent in the paint. You can vinyl wrap it if you want. Vinyl wrapping will be cheaper for sure. I have seen sellers on eBay selling vinyl kits for the Outlander.

Reactions: 121x

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
personally i think the wrap is the best option. A little more expensive but will offer a little protection to the plastics and will increase resell value as you can peal it off and the machine will look like new... Plus you can also get the design you want. I would like to wrap mine as i hate the grey i just do not have the time to strip off all the racks and such to do it

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2006 650 that was green. After about 13 years and some rough deer hunting I painted the plastic. The type of plastic is not good for painting to stick basically I took every piece off and cleaned them very well even with alcohol, then I used a propane torch and got the areas very hot before I sprayed a primer product. Followed with several cans of a good bronzy brown. 2 years now and it has held up fairly well. better than the old scuffed up green.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts