Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to change the tires on my 11 Outlander 500. I see that the "name brand" tires do not come in 25 x 11 x 12 like the stock rears. I'm thinking of the Kenda Bearclaw Evo. I can either get 25 x 10 x 12 or 25 x 12.5 x 12. Or I can move up a size and get 26 x 11 x 12. Or if I go with a lesser known brand like the Sunf tires I can get 25 x 11 x 12. Any suggestions? I wasn't sure about going from a 10" wide tire from an 11" since I already felt the Carlisle tires were skinny. But I was looking at the 10" tires on my son's Polaris, and they seem wider than the Carlisle 11's.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
2,522 Posts
There are cast/mold variances, in almost every single tire maker/brand, so don't get too hung up on purely empirical numbers.

That being said, on the rear of these bikes, there's practically no width clearance issues to consider, you can absolutely run a 12.5 back there, and not rub or contact anything.

After that, it just kinda comes down to do you want/need a little more ground clearance? Then step up tire size, 26 or even 27. If that's not really an issue with you, stick with 25's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts