Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Having an issue with my 2014 Outlander 650. When the ignition is in first position (headlights on) check engine light comes on and winch/headlights/heated handlebars quit working. When ignition in second position check engine light disappears and all electrical is good. Installed new ignition switch and that hasn't helped. Any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks

RXD

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm still on a G-1 bike but I know for a fact that the relays can cause major headaches when they fail or are about to fail .
If your fan and other accessories are working properly , try removing that (relay) and inserting it in the one that controls your lights & winch ,

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Bonzo is correct. It’s your relay. Had the same thing happen to my xmr a few months ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Stupid question. Can’t find my relays. Can only find 3 fuses under the seat beneath a cap labeled GEP. Have almost all the plastic off the bike and can’t find anything😂

·
Registered
855 Posts
Isn't the box under the front cover on the Outtys ?
On my Renegade ( after you remove the pod cover , the box is just before the steering stem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found it. And that was it!! Switched relays around and lights work. No check engine. Thanks guys!!

Rxd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts